By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Arma II Officially Better Looking Than Crysis?

Nothing about ArmA 2 is pre-rendered, you can count on seeing the glare from a pair of binoculars from a distance to give away an enemy position. And besides, the graphics in ArmA 1 are highly underated at high settings. Try getting correct information before assuming such feats are only accomplished with cg cutscenes...

Around the Network

Some parts look good. Some parts doesn't...

Not exacly close to crysis in other department than char's though. In my opinion.

Check out my game about moles ^

Adumb said:

Slimebeast said:

Amazing, and so realistic! It's just a trailer though, it won't look like that in-game. Not even close.

Slimebeast said:

^ pause the clip when the helicopters are lifting. Crisis doesn't even come close to those grafix.

(not that it has a realistic chance either, since the Arma II trailer is pre-rendered or something)

Slimebeast said:

But I want a game that looks that good!

In next gen... maybe.

Slimebeast said:

Because Critek sold that mith to us.

They fabricated a big lie but the mith of Crisis being open world lives on.

1) ALL ArmA II videos and pictures are INGAME.

2) Not ONE video or picture has been "pre-rendered" What you see it what you will get.

3) I'm going to take a pillowcase and fill it full of bars of soap and beat the shit out of you.

haha! Favorite post of the day.

"Man is born free but is everywhere in chains" - Rousseau

There are clealry stuff in the trailer that won't be like that in-game.  Especially the beginning where the guys are standing near the road and also the part where the helis are lifting.

It's made in-engine yes of course, but I fink they ran the trailer in like 5 frames per second then speed it up for natural motion.

It will NOT look as good as in these two screens in the final game.

The Arma II Defense Force must have registered.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

Yes, a few of of us have registered to make sure that posts like slimebeast's are corrected. All that you see from ArmA 2, no matter what you think, is in game, and you can easily replicate it once the game is out. Most of those scenes you could probably re-do in arma and they'd only look marginaly worse. Clearly, Slimebeast, you havent played arma with high settings, and dont know whot BI is capable of. Of course, If word about this gets to the dev (people thinking their trailors and vids are pre-rendered, or slowed down to achieve the effect of smootheness) then they can take it as a wonderful compliement that they have managed strikingly good graphics.

Simebeast I dont know how you think you can say that it isnt in game when you appear to know so little about it. Please I urge you to research, before spreading malignant statements.

Sorry for spreading misinformation then.

Do u know if the trailer on the first page of the official site http://www.arma2.com/index.php is all in-game?

I can't believe how good and detailed the landscapes look with that insane draw distance.

BTW, I'm glad you guys registered lol.

I'm sorry for being so hostile, its just really frustrating to know something, and see someone else touting it as a sharade. But now as people read through this thread, they will come to their own conclusions, and the fact that a few people believed it was actually pre-rendered is really the best compliment. Yes the viewing distance was up to 10 kilometers (which is where it is set for me) in arma. I can only imagine it going higher from there. And the foilage and forests are derived from an inhouse technology called Linda which quite accurately models many of the possible variations of vegetative infrastructure.

Trust me, and the others among the "ArmA 2 Defense Force" any videos that advertise Arma 2 are guaranteed ingame.

Looks cool, but I would have been happy for less too.

@Slimebeast
I think too that the whole video is in-game, sorry but thats the way it is. Actually current GPUs can do even better. :P

Well, it definitely looks super-slick. Amazing, really.
But utterly and tediously boring, too. Why don't they make a fun game instead of those endless waves of war/shooter games. :/

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046