By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - My uni, George Mason, elects a drag as Homecoming Queen!!!

DCboy said:

Does the homecoming queen have do dance with the king?

Anyway, I know a very strict Mormon kid who goes there; he probably shit his pants when the results came out.

hahaha, mormon's.... something aren't they?

Around the Network

Isn't everybody in this thread too young to care about "traditional family values" and junk?

The vote was based on gender, which is a social construct, based on how you identify yourself. The vote was not based on biological sex. The problem is only there when you assume that gender and sex are always the same.

Kasz216 said:

And after that we should set up a basketball assosiation for uncoordinated people?

Having any sort of discrimination based on such issues is a bad idea.  

How about... a scholarship program created to be awarded to women?   Decided via essay about what it is like to be a woman in todays world.

Should a man be able to apply?  He does definitly have a disadvantage when it comes to the subject matter... and more college students and graduates are women.

A "disadvantage" standard is unfair and untennable in my mind.

I think you need to either take away all barriers that judge people soley on their sex or continue being sexist.

The average woman is born weaker then the average man.  This only matters when you judge people as two groups.  Man and Woman.

If Man was ALWAYS stronger the Woman.  Then you would have a point.  However this is not the case.

The strongest man will always be stronger than the strongest woman in most physical activities. Under your system it would be physically impossible for half of earths population to compete in the upper echelon of sport, simply because of how they were born.

Rath said:
Kasz216 said:

And after that we should set up a basketball assosiation for uncoordinated people?

Having any sort of discrimination based on such issues is a bad idea.  

How about... a scholarship program created to be awarded to women?   Decided via essay about what it is like to be a woman in todays world.

Should a man be able to apply?  He does definitly have a disadvantage when it comes to the subject matter... and more college students and graduates are women.

A "disadvantage" standard is unfair and untennable in my mind.

I think you need to either take away all barriers that judge people soley on their sex or continue being sexist.

The average woman is born weaker then the average man.  This only matters when you judge people as two groups.  Man and Woman.

If Man was ALWAYS stronger the Woman.  Then you would have a point.  However this is not the case.

The strongest man will always be stronger than the strongest woman in most physical activities. Under your system it would be physically impossible for half of earths population to compete in the upper echelon of sport, simply because of how they were born.

Over half the earth already can't compete in the upper echelon of sport simply because of how they were born.

Most people, no matter how hard they work or how hard they try would never be good enough to be proffesional atheletes.

halogamer1989 said:
AE86 said:
Um...big deal?

You should try to be more accepting.

OK more accepting. I'll be that when I'm 6 ft under...

in hell

Around the Network
You Are 25% Conservative, 75% Liberal
Social Issues: 50% Conservative, 50% Liberal

Personal Responsibility: 25% Conservative, 75% Liberal

Fiscal Issues: 0% Conservative, 100% Liberal

Ethics: 25% Conservative, 75% Liberal

Defense and Crime: 25% Conservative, 75% Liberal

Actually, if someone is female and born in a males body and everything they feel or do is acting as a female then logically I would call them a female.

I think defining gender by mental means is much more important than defining gender physically.

mesoteto said:
halogamer1989 said:
AE86 said:
Um...big deal?

You should try to be more accepting.

OK more accepting. I'll be that when I'm 6 ft under...

in hell

Uncalled for and reported.

I was a lot happier before I found out that dame Edna was a man... A LOT HAPPIER

highwaystar101 said:
Actually, if someone is female and born in a males body and everything they feel or do is acting as a female then logically I would call them a female.

I think defining gender by mental means is much more important than defining gender physically.

kudos, someone who actually gets it, only took us 20 pages!