By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - My uni, George Mason, elects a drag as Homecoming Queen!!!

JapanMan4 said:
SciFiBoy said:

i think you misunderstood too, gender has nothing to do with sexuality, men can like men or women or both and vice versa, dosent mean they arent male or female

So you're saying gay men still need to use men's restroom?
But gay guys prefer men, letting them into the guys restroom is basically the same as letting guys use women's restrooms is it not? ^_^

Torillian said:

If he looked like he does as a woman and ran then no he would probably lose.  But Why is it ok for people to be voted for and win because they're pretty, but no ok for him to win because he's gay?  The only meaningful things that HC Queen is supposedly about is personality, and the drag queen can be just as nice as those other girls. 

Yes he would probably lose, and one of those girls would have been the lucky winner, yet he won just because he's gay running in a women's contest.

And to answer your question, being pretty is instilled in us as an attribute of being a queen, so it is an attribute people look for when voting. Same way the US voted for it's president through his merits and attributes of what people think makes a president and not vote for him just because of the color of his skin.

And I'm guessing most of his homecoming votes were from the latter of that analogy and not the former.

I would say the girls were "shafted".

And to add insult to injury, he joined in as a joke, while those girls probably joined in because they wanted to win.

if they are anything like me, they use the loo at home in order to avoid public restrooms at all costs...

Around the Network
SciFiBoy said:

if they are anything like me, they use the loo at home in order to avoid public restrooms at all costs...

Good point...
Anyway, I say we break this wall that seperates the genders by making unisex bathrooms.
Not only do we get quick peeks but we also save room in public places by only having one big bathroom for men and women instead of 2. Plus it's early training to put the seat down(or look if the seat is down) or wipe the toilet seat after(and before) using.

halogamer1989 said:
Thatmax said:

Lol at this entire thread! Its good to see the intolerant and imo ignorant user get slammed by everyone else :D

How about you shove it troll.

I'm just sharing the fact that I am glad that the mojority of users here aren't as scared of change as some of the people I know.

Also you can't just go around calling people trolls just because they disagree with you, and it is my genuine opinion that you are being ignorant about this topic so I won't shove it

wow what a long thread for all this silliness that has nothing to do with homecoming queen.

I'm really sure that halogamer isn't for real. I've always thought it was a troll account. If he was for real I would think he would make himself out to be a bit less ridiculous don't you guys think?

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Moongoddess256 said:
wow what a long thread for all this silliness that has nothing to do with homecoming queen.

I'm really sure that halogamer isn't for real. I've always thought it was a troll account. If he was for real I would think he would make himself out to be a bit less ridiculous don't you guys think?

I would watch yourself Moongoddess.  This is a real acct and I am for real.  What would be the point of over 2300 posts of blabber.

Around the Network
halogamer1989 said:
Moongoddess256 said:

I would watch yourself Moongoddess. This is a real acct and I am for real. What would be the point of over 2300 posts of blabber.

lulz?

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

halogamer1989 said:
Moongoddess256 said:

I would watch yourself Moongoddess.  This is a real acct and I am for real.  What would be the point of over 2300 posts of blabber.

A really active campaign season during the presidential election?

On the subject at hand, I'm Dutch so I really should not have to explain my position.

I'm rather thinking: Could it be that everyone voted for the dragqueen because they found the HCing king an asshole? 

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

I find it funny that you are so angry at something that was decided by a democratic process.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

theRepublic said:
I find it funny that you are so angry at something that was decided by a democratic process.

I do not find it funny. I and many on this site are quire angry with decisions that resulted from direct democratic processes.

Jackson50 said:
theRepublic said:

I do not find it funny. I and many on this site are quire angry with decisions that resulted from direct democratic processes.

I agree with this post