By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter IV: PS3 vs 360

reptile168 said:
the article clearly says that the lead platform is PC and the pc's graphics card has more in common with PS3's RSX than 360's ATi. If anything, statistically, PS3's graphics card can only handle 22GB/s, while 360 can go up to 256GB/s

Failed comparison. Actually the data transfer rate between the Xenos and its memory is 32 GB/s. Plus the PS2's Graphics Synthesizer used memory at 48 GB/s. Gamecube used memory at 18 GB/s. Going by your shitty logic, GC is slightly worse than PS3 and the PS2 is like two times better.

Also X360's GPU is more like PC's GPUs. The RSX uses a custom vertex architecture designed to take advantage of the hard-to-work-with Cell Broadband Engine.

Around the Network

Final Round! Fight!

As it is, the most noticeable difference between the two versions has nothing to do with the graphics and is all about the more mundane matter of loading times - eight-to-nine seconds per round on 360, double that on PS3. Thankfully the latter version has a ten-minute optional install weighing in at just 2GB, which brings it into the same ballpark loading time as the 360 version running from disc. It's highly recommended that you do complete the install, as playing online against those who haven't done so can get annoying rather quickly. For its part, NXE's 5.7GB install takes much the same time to complete but has little effect on in-game performance.

And so we come to the key component: online play, and once again we find what appears to be a complete score draw. Accurate measurement of internet performance is almost impossible - every game will be different - but just to make things really tough we sought out the worst connections possible on both versions and while the gameplay felt different, it was still playable and the better player always won.

All of which leads us nicely on to the question of which version to buy if you're the owner of both PS3 and Xbox 360 consoles. The technical differences are apparent but not intrusive, and the gameplay is identical; if you're into playing online it all comes down to which friends list you'd prefer to be using. Offline, it's close, but 360 gets the nod. (Ed. note:  yeah, so close I could see no difference in the videos).

Over and above that, the only other thing you need to know is that the gloriously ultra-cheesy '80s-themed soft rock fest - 'Indestructible' - sounds just as good on either system, so in the final analysis, everyone's a winner."

This thread was pointless.  Thanks.

Drage said:
Tbone said:
They look exactly the same.

This. Anybody that says one's better than the other is just bias obviously. Watching that video i saw no diff. If they took away the lable Xbox360 and PS3 off the video im sure nobody wouldve guessed right.

Arcade version romps them both.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

I see that people are very defensive of what they own. Especially 360 owners, simply because they have more users and thats where the 14 year old kids with no jobs sith with their Arcade xbox version. :) Honestly, who the hell can tell the difference? And who the f0ck cares? jesus christ almighty people are picky.

Flame me.

2 reasons for 360 sales.

Cheap arcade version, wich the mom buys for the kids.

And microsoft's wallet.

Around the Network

If you're retarded you'd probably buy it for the 360 over the PS3. That is of course unless you had a Fight Stick for the 360.

360 dpad = no go. Anyone who argues other wise is stupid. Plain and simple.

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

Great, another one of these threads...

What! No noticeable differences. Anyway to play SFIV ( And Tekken 6 ) on the 360 properly , An Arcade stick is required.....

reptile168 said:
Sony defense force in full defend mode

Just two posts before this, and you're claiming Sony Defense force??? Sound slike your anti-SONY defense force is in full mode.  It seem that when a reasonable pro-SONY post come along, the anti-SONY defense force kicks in.  Lame excuse for you fanboys.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Jordahn said:
reptile168 said:
Sony defense force in full defend mode

Just two posts before this, and you're claiming Sony Defense force??? Sound slike your anti-SONY defense force is in full mode.  It seem that when a reasonable pro-SONY post come along, the anti-SONY defense force kicks in.  Lame excuse for you fanboys.

Have you been to this site before (judging from your posts count, yeah)?

Vgchartz consist a majority of PS3 fanboys, and ANY negative PS3 news will have an army of PS3 fanboys coming out to defend it with comments such as "i don't see any difference in the video", or quotes such as "in the end, gameplay wise, it's the same so everyone wins", etc.

So my claim of sony defense force is true.