By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter IV: PS3 vs 360

Man I have the game on both systems and can say they look the same! Loading time is faster on 360 without install but after installation they are the same! The opening cinema looks better on PS3 for some reason!

BTW, my mates and I are split on the PS3/360 versions.  I prefer the D-Pad for Street Fighter so I like the PS# version, but some of mates love using the analog stick on 360 version!

One thing is confirmed though...Nintendo and Sega own when it comes to D-Pads!!!  The PS# D-Pad is better than the 360 but still aint no SNES/Saturn D-Pad

Wii - 3810 4459 0841 8442 - (Message me to add me)

360 - LuminalACE

PS3 - AUS-ACE

Around the Network

Only noticeable difference to me lie in the backgrounds and it's small such as slightly better AA and textures on the airplane.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

This shows ps3 still no match with Xbox 360 sigh!

oh noes. the pixel on X353 Y623 is a slight microshade darker in the ps3 version than in the 360. Must flame it now.

Seriously, sf4 isn't that good of a game to begin with. nit picking the little details isn't helping either.

I am over 150 wins and less than fifty losses in ranked games on live using the normal 360 controller.

AceRock owns one PS3, one PS Vita, and one PS4.

Around the Network

Graphically,there is no noticeable difference.

Controller-wise,both suck compared to the arcade version itself or the arcade periphrial.

These graphical comparision threads are stupid,and only meant to start a flame-war.If you honestly think one version is superior to the other you're a FANBOY.

The article is clear 360 has more power full graphics than PS3 :P

darendt said:
d21lewis said:
I bought Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD for the PS3 AND the 360. I have to say, the 360 experience was much better (online) than the PS3 version. No lag, Always somebody to play with, voice chat. I am not kidding when I say this: My 360 is broken. Today, I stood in line with the PS3 version of Street Fighter IV. After thinking about it for a minute, I put the game back on the shelf, grabbed a brand new XBox 360 and the 360 version of Street Fighter IV.

I realised that I was acting to hastily, and put the 360/Street Fighter IV back on the shelf, but I swear, I will buy another 360 and SF IV before I settle for the PS3's version. Online is THAT important to me!

SF on 360 > SF on PS3

If online was so important to you then you would have already purchased the PS3 version. Name me one 360 game that supports 60 player online with no lag.....scratch that, name me one 360 game that supports 32 player online period. Ps3 pwns the 360 in terms of online play.

Frontlines: Fuel Of War on 360 supports 50 players, I have it and although not a superb game it does indeed support 50 players online, too hectic though, give me cod 16-18 players any day lol

And for the people knocking this article, GO AND LOOK AT IT first, look at the videos, the full wording and the 720P screenshot comparasions and even the comments on eurogamers article, then you WILL see the difference between the two versions,

Sony fanboys are soo blind sometimes (no offence)

FKNetwork said:
darendt said:
d21lewis said:
I bought Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD for the PS3 AND the 360. I have to say, the 360 experience was much better (online) than the PS3 version. No lag, Always somebody to play with, voice chat. I am not kidding when I say this: My 360 is broken. Today, I stood in line with the PS3 version of Street Fighter IV. After thinking about it for a minute, I put the game back on the shelf, grabbed a brand new XBox 360 and the 360 version of Street Fighter IV.

I realised that I was acting to hastily, and put the 360/Street Fighter IV back on the shelf, but I swear, I will buy another 360 and SF IV before I settle for the PS3's version. Online is THAT important to me!

SF on 360 > SF on PS3

If online was so important to you then you would have already purchased the PS3 version. Name me one 360 game that supports 60 player online with no lag.....scratch that, name me one 360 game that supports 32 player online period. Ps3 pwns the 360 in terms of online play.

Frontlines: Fuel Of War on 360 supports 50 players, I have it and although not a superb game it does indeed support 50 players, too hectic though, give me cod 16-18 players any day lol

And for the people knocking this article, GO AND LOOK AT IT first, look at the videos, the full wording and the 720P screenshot comparasions and even the comments on eurogamers article, then you WILL see the difference between the two versions,

And those differences mean so much to normal people? M$ fanboys have such good eyesight, they see pixels and maybe infrared and UV light (no offence)

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
FKNetwork said:
darendt said:
d21lewis said:

SF on 360 > SF on PS3

Frontlines: Fuel Of War on 360 supports 50 players, I have it and although not a superb game it does indeed support 50 players, too hectic though, give me cod 16-18 players any day lol

And those differences mean so much to normal people? M$ fanboys have such good eyesight, they see pixels and maybe infrared and UV light (no offence)

No, your absolutely right, when playing you wouldn't see a difference unless you look very close and know what to look at, the airfield background is very noticeable on the ps3 though (jaggies) and yes, I own the 360 version but have also been playing the PS3 version a lot too, the loading on the ps3 version is the most annoying thing tbh,

You don't have to be a fanboy on either system to see the facts when they are presented to you no matter what system they refer to, Eurogamer use very good methods for testing their games and is why so many places use them as a reliable source, this is the reason places like Eurogamer do these features, to see the technical differences in both versions,

No one has said the PS3 version is rubbish, it runs the same as the 360 version, even Eurogamer said they are both winners, the ps3 dpad is better than 360's (still not great though), this game works best with analogue or with a fighting stick, I have the 360 version and am doing very well using the standard 360 control (shocking lol)