By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gothic video games

whats up guys.  for my english course, we are writing a research paper and we can choose from a big variety of media like books, comics, movies, games, etc as long as they are considered gothic in some sense.  not like dyed hair and make-up but gothic like the setting, story, dark characters, usual gothic type areas lieka manson or forest for the games.  i am thinking about writing about resident evil or gears of war.  but what are some other games that would be considered gothic themed.  also, if my first two choices don't seem to fit the bill, just tell me.

Around the Network

those games arent really gothic, theyre just more dark themed. theres a ps2 game by atlus called Eternal Poison, its a gothic SRPG

When I think of Gothic Video Games my mind automatically goes to Psychonauts, but I'm not sure that's exactly what you were looking for, afraid I'm not absolutely sure how a Gothic video game would be defined.

Silent hill 2?

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

MediEvil,give it a check.

Around the Network

Not many gothic games around, just really dark themed. You could give folklore a look. Oh and this:

Nearly turned me into a goth...

4 ≈ One

A Vampyre Story comes ot mind.

American McGee's Alice has that feel. But it's quite old.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG_-3T1Tljw

And yeah, Folklore has some of that as well.

The moment you said "Gothic", the Castlevania series came to mind. I mean, giant castles, evil and unholy monsters, vampires, etc. etc.

You can't go wrong with that.

Try Dead Space

it's for PS3 and 360

Favorite films. Foreign films forever!