By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Blade Thread.

twesterm said:
I'm really failing to see how this copies Zelda. Even saying [o]oh well this game has pig faced enemies and so did Zelda is pretty lame since, you know, lots of games have those and even D&D had those before Zelda.

As for the boss battles, how does this game copy those? The fact it has them? Pardon me if just missed that part but that's another pretty lame excuse.

If anything this is a God of War clone. That being said, don't take that as a bad thing. Popular games get copied all the time and it does well for them as long as the games don't get copied too much and they changed just enough.

Did you play Twilight Princess...?  and did you watch the vid that was posted here?  I agree that at first it looked like a God of War clone...  now it looks much more like a Zelda clone with a character who mimics Kratos's whip moves.  Also, why are you so defencive for this game?  It's a first gen game for the Wii that took inspiration from Zelda and God of War.  The creators even mention this in their interviews.  

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

I don't see anything remotely Zelda-ish about this game and I'm not sure why people are pushing so hard about it. It's just not there.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

DarkNight_DS said:
twesterm said:
I'm really failing to see how this copies Zelda. Even saying [o]oh well this game has pig faced enemies and so did Zelda is pretty lame since, you know, lots of games have those and even D&D had those before Zelda.

As for the boss battles, how does this game copy those? The fact it has them? Pardon me if just missed that part but that's another pretty lame excuse.

If anything this is a God of War clone. That being said, don't take that as a bad thing. Popular games get copied all the time and it does well for them as long as the games don't get copied too much and they changed just enough.

Did you play Twilight Princess...? and did you watch the vid that was posted here? I agree that at first it looked like a God of War clone... now it looks much more like a Zelda clone with a character who mimics Kratos's whip moves. Also, why are you so defencive for this game? It's a first gen game for the Wii that took inspiration from Zelda and God of War. The creators even mention this in their interviews.

I'm not really defensive about it, I just don't understand how it compares to TP.  I did play TP and God of War and I just don't see how they compare other than there are pig faced enemies and it's set in a medieval time period.

Are you saying that every game set in a medieval time period copies Zelda or what beyond the look of the game mimics Zelda? 

This is one game I have been watching for a while.

At $40 it is an easy pick up.

If it is like God or War or Zelda or a Baulder's Gate(PS2 not PC) style beat 'em up I am all over it.

I love Zelda but I don't have the extra dozen hours per game to look for fireflies and other fetching. I love RPGs and Zelda but with a house and a baby this kind of jump in and smash is why I bought the Wii.

This is the kind of decent(I admit nothing special) genre filling that the Wii needs.

If it can hit 75,000 copies worldwide in a lifetime I think that would be a victory. Yes it may not have as pretty of backdrops, but they seem to be putting their limited budget in the special effects for attacking, the controls, and the boss battles. Right where it needs to be for fun.

If we can just get developers to to crank out a couple hundred not-necessarily impressive, but fun, original properties for the Wii then it really will be popular as the PS2 was last generation.

Final* Word on Game Delays:

The game will not be any better or include more content then planned. Any commnets that say so are just PR hogwash to make you feel better for having to wait.

Delays are due to lack of proper resources, skill, or adequate planning by the developer.

Do be thankful that they have enough respect for you to delay the game and maintain its intended level of quality.

*naznatips is exempt

O Steven787... you trust me... I feel respected lol =P

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

@ Dark knight DS

zelda clones do fail but even games like Neutopia(TG-16 and now on Wii VC) that kinda improved on some Zelda elements failed as well... guys it is well worth a download... get Neutopia...then tell me how it is =( ... i've read rave reviews for it but i only have 300 wii points and I won't be able to afford any until my birthday (oct 13th) and that money is going towards my Metroid Prime 3 corruption, Super mario galaxy and Zelda Phantom Hourglass fund =)

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Ways to start this post off:

I swear to god I didn't "touch" anyone...

or

Neutopia. I will try it out and then tell you whether Zelda rip: Dragon Blade will be any good.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Definitely going to buy this one if it get a 7.0+ from IGN. They are the only ones I trust...

More new pics... yay bears.

These pics aren't as good, but the game still looks fun, plus it fills the action/adventure gap... and bears and dragons. It hasn't been this cool since the Olympics gymnastics in the 80's (get it... eh).

Oh, and I don't remember fighting bears with fiery dragon hands or taking flight with my dragon wings in Zelda.