By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Blade Thread.

Dragon Blade = Wii Sleeper hit

Around the Network

I trust Ishy and Dolla (Sorry quarashi, I don't know you yet) so I think I am going to add this to my list. (If you look at my posts in the Lair threads, you'll find that I have a thing for dragons.)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Joystiq posted a pretty positive preview.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/25/pax-07-hands-on-dragon-blade-wrath-of-fire/

tk1797 said:
Joystiq posted a pretty positive preview.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/25/pax-07-hands-on-dragon-blade-wrath-of-fire/
 A positive preview of a Wii game from Joystiq!!  Maybe it will be good.  I'm not too interested in hack and slash games but this game is looking a lot better than it did in its first previews.  At first I didn't care much about it since it looked like another cheap cash in on the Wii but I do hope they do well if as it seems they are putting actual effort into the game. 

Well, after watching that video:

Make the controls tighter, and I'll rent it. "And point up for an uppercut... well, here, let's try it again". The two giant dragon hands of death do look very fun.

Also, I'd hope for something a bit more inspiring for the background/detail.

Though I do like developers encouraging speedruns.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network

Who is developing this title?

Upper cutting never seems to work in any Wii game... Hmm? Downslash works fine. I think it will get better as middleware gets better and also develepors focus on what works, but that is more for the end of the generation.

EDIT: D3 is the publisher and Land Ho! is developing with resources from D3.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

I'm going by Joystiq's preview. They said it looks decent for the Wii-leaps and bounds ahead of Cruisn's early shots, and the controls seem to feel good. Still on my list.

Looks pretty average to me. Like everyone else in this thread I want to be proved wrong. I hope this game shows that graphics can be ignored if the gameplay is interesting.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Okay, my opion definitely shot up after that video. I already thought it looked good, but seeing the work the developers put into the combat worked wonders.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"