By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Blade Thread.

I searched all the way back through July and couldn't find a Dragon Blade thread... I am justifying starting a thread because I consider it one of the major tests to see if 3rd party core games have a place on Wii. While it may not be as refined as Zack and Wiki, or as hard core as No More Heroes, it is not a port and shows some promise as an exclusive and a budget title. My browser isn't working right, so I can't post the new screen shots. Model textures seem better than before. http://media.wii.ign.com/media/924/924846/imgs_1.html Looks pretty promising to me. Being a hack and slash title with dragon power elements, it seems pretty straight forward. While the areas suffer from low res textures and very low poly architechture, they are pretty big and seem to leave a lot of room for exploration. The enemies are pretty creative too. I am starting to get excited for another budget game. What do you guys think? Please go into detail in your explanations, especially if negative; I want to know what you think it is missing.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

It honestly does not look good to me. They may prove me wrong and make a good game, but I don't have my hopes up.

It makes me mad that games like this decide if 3rd parties can be successful. If they can make good games like Zack and Wiki or Rayman Raving Rabbids, then yeah...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I saw a video "interview" (is it an interview if no questions are asked?) with one of the game designers. He made a smartass remark comparing his game to Zelda: TP, but without the boring sidequests. For me, sidequests add substantial depth and immersion to an adventure/RPG game. Unless you're a crappy developer who doesn't know how to implement them properly, of course.

Also, getting an author who mostly just writes novels in settings designed by other people doesn't make me optimistic about the originality of the story.

From what I see, the game looks solid, but uninspired. I doubt I'll buy it when there are several other games on the way which look to have far more engaging gameplay. I can think of about a half-dozen titles coming out this year which interest me more than this one.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I'm not very optimistic about this game either, although any games at all like this coming to the Wii is great. Still, it looks like an average hack 'n slash game that's going to get 7.0 from IGN.

Graphics look pretty sloppy in general, but the flames in this picture are nice. Hopefully those screens are work in progress, and they'll polish the rest of the of it to that level.

Probably not going to sell too well due to launching right into the biggest 4 month concentration of great I can remember. With Brawl, Galaxy, Corruptions, Nights, Umbrella Chronicles and No More Heroes to choose from, who is going to get this game?

I gotta say, not trying to necessarily bring down your hopes, but I as well think this is looking to be a mediocre game at best. However, I could be proved wrong. I'll wait and see, but for now, I am not going to get my hopes up for the game.

Around the Network
Parokki said:
I'm not very optimistic about this game either, although any games at all like this coming to the Wii is great. Still, it looks like an average hack 'n slash game that's going to get 7.0 from IGN.

Graphics look pretty sloppy in general, but the flames in this picture are nice. Hopefully those screens are work in progress, and they'll polish the rest of the of it to that level.

Probably not going to sell too well due to launching right into the biggest 4 month concentration of great I can remember. With Brawl, Galaxy, Corruptions, Nights, Umbrella Chronicles and No More Heroes to choose from, who is going to get this game?

Yeah, 7.0 like heavenly sword.  If someone is a fan of hack and slash game they know that they are going to get great reviews.  If this gets a 7.0 that would be good for this genre, because reviewers always review hack and slash games to adventure games or action RPGs. 

To me this fall right there with Alien Syndrome(top down shooter) in both the good and bad ways.  Yes it is a quick cash in on Wii, but the Wii-controls make it worth while if you are a fan of the genre and starved for this type of game.  I played through Alien Syndrome, very few can say that.  The graphics sucked, and the story and presentation were elementary, but it was still fun as a fan of top down shooters.  I am looking forward to this because I like walking around and mindlessly killing stuff from time to time.  Play Mario Galaxy or Zack and Wiki till your brain hurts and your eyeballs are ready to fall out, or come home from a hard day of work, then pop a nice simple game like this to relax.  I don't watch TV.  Mindlessly killing ~insert baddie here~ is still more engaging than watching American Idol or Hell's Kitchen to me (And I used to own a restaurant).

I've said it before: I have bad taste in games, but I think this explains it.

Alien Syndrome was just another port with Wiimote functionality...for an original budget title, Dragon Blade isn't looking bad at all. I'll probably give it a rent, and if it turns out to be great I'll probably buy...though I'm not sure how soon, since most of my gaming money in the next few months is going to the Holy Trinity, with RE:UC, Z&W, and Dewy fighting for loose change. 

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:

Alien Syndrome was just another port with Wiimote functionality...for an original budget title, Dragon Blade isn't looking bad at all. I'll probably give it a rent, and if it turns out to be great I'll probably buy...though I'm not sure how soon, since most of my gaming money in the next few months is going to the Holy Trinity, with RE:UC, Z&W, and Dewy fighting for loose change. 

trust me watch the games videos it has fantastic graphics in my opinion...very stylised =)

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

It doesn't look to shabby at all to bad theres not more hype about it..=/

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.