By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Blade Thread.

I can't watch the video because I am at work, but is that the one where he is fighting the mob of bears? I love that.

For some people it's Ninjas and Pirates, others it robots and unrealistic-sexy-sword-wielding-female-warriors, others still it's bounty hunters... For me Dragons and Bears.

Anchorman and the Colbert Report come to mind.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Around the Network

^Hellz yeah.

I've had my eye on this game for a while and while it does look interesting it's not something I going to buy anytime soon.

It looks like a Wii-ified God of War so good button mashers are always a nice welcome but it doesn't look like something I would pay full price on. Also, hopefully that was just some sort of sandbox or early version of a level because it it had the same boring texture EVERYWHERE and there was barely anything there.

twesterm said:
I've had my eye on this game for a while and while it does look interesting it's not something I going to buy anytime soon.

It looks like a Wii-ified God of War so good button mashers are always a nice welcome but it doesn't look like something I would pay full price on. Also, hopefully that was just some sort of sandbox or early version of a level because it it had the same boring texture EVERYWHERE and there was barely anything there.

Well thankfully it's not full price, it's budget ($40).

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

ClaudeLv250 said:
twesterm said:

Well thankfully it's not full price, it's budget ($40).

That helps but still isn't something I'm going to buy anytime soon.  I did look at some other screenshots and luckily the level in that video was just either a sandbox or blockout so that's another plus but there are still just too many other better things coming out and this is just too low on the list to buy anytime soon.

Around the Network

After watching the vid for the game... I realize they stole a lot from Zelda. Now I also realize this game will bomb, Zelda clones tend to always fail at retail. I guess there can only be one Zelda!?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

It doesn't bother me because it copies zelda (only boss battles really), it bothers me that the guy said that thing about the Zelda Sidequest.

Don't say: "We are better than teh Zeldaz"
Say: "If you like adventure, but prefer more action in your Adventure, than Dragon Blade is for you."

I like button mashers... er, 'Mote Manglers, no, um.... Wand Wagglers... I am so confused.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

steven787 said:
It doesn't bother me because it copies zelda (only boss battles really), it bothers me that the guy said that thing about the Zelda Sidequest.

Don't say: "We are better than teh Zeldaz"
Say: "If you like adventure, but prefer more action in your Adventure, than Dragon Blade is for you."

I like button mashers... er, 'Mote Manglers, no, um.... Wand Wagglers... I am so confused.

Look at the character design for lower enemies. It's straight out of a badly designed Zelda clone book. Pig faced enemies? Come on now!

I watched the video again, it's like they sat down to make the best Twilight Princess clone they could on their meager budget.  All of the enemies and environments look like a cheesed version of TP.   

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

I'm really failing to see how this copies Zelda. Even saying [o]oh well this game has pig faced enemies and so did Zelda is pretty lame since, you know, lots of games have those and even D&D had those before Zelda.

As for the boss battles, how does this game copy those? The fact it has them? Pardon me if just missed that part but that's another pretty lame excuse.

If anything this is a God of War clone. That being said, don't take that as a bad thing. Popular games get copied all the time and it does well for them as long as the games don't get copied too much and they changed just enough.

I was semi-interested in the game before, but after the video and the appealling price point I might just pick this up. It would be funny if this modest beat-em-up matched the uber-hyped Heavenly sword as far as reviews go. It looks like it could be fun, and the giant dragon weapons do look pretty cool.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.