By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone2 Walkthrough (25 Minutes) ohhh damn.

Fuzzmosis said:
When he turned on the lights, the game looked beautiful. Grey, but beautiful, well detailed. When he turned it off, I was thinking "Great, Doom 3 breeded and it's child is following in it's footsteps, only without demons".

Does anyone really like the fact you can clearly see the bullets? That always bothered me, things moving that fast shouldn't be that visible.

yea, its called being able to move away from the gun fire and not dying, you can see the bullets in many games.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

Looks cool. Not sure if it's the camera, the new lighting scheme or all the gray or what though but it gives me a major headache.

Hoping it's just the camera filming the game.

dammit, i don't have flash on my PS3 browser =(

i'll watch it tomorrow

Christ almighty.

Does it scare some Nintendo fans that this game may be so awesome that you have to try and put it down?

It looks freakin amazing (not just graphics)!

There is no denying that Killzone on the PS2 had its flaws, but I would be money that 90% of the people dogging it have never even played the game.

This game will be one of the best games of 2008, hands down. If you don't believe me, watch the video. Gameplay and the game's grim yet beautiful aesthetic say everything.

Every system gets its share of amazing exclusive games. 360 has Bioshock and several others. Wii has the big 3, and the PS3 has its amazing games. Just because it isn't on your system doesn't mean you have to try and make it look bad.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network
akuma587 said:
There is no denying that Killzone on the PS2 had its flaws, but I would be money that 90% of the people dogging it have never even played the game.

This game will be one of the best games of 2008, hands down. If you don't believe me, watch the video. Gameplay and the game's grim yet beautiful aesthetic say everything.

Every system gets its share of amazing exclusive games. 360 has Bioshock and several others. Wii has the big 3, and the PS3 has its amazing games. Just because it isn't on your system doesn't mean you have to try and make it look bad.

<<<<<played

was ok, def wasnt the halo killer it was hyped to be, not even close

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Lost tears of Kain said:

<<<<

was ok, def wasnt the halo killer it was hyped to be, not even close

I completely agree with you, but I still stand by what I said about most people who are trashing the game are people who have have never played it.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Yes SSj12, you clearly need to see the bullets to know you're being shot. There's no sound of gunfire, or even of walls being hit nearby, there's no vision of a person pointing a gun at you, which generally means move. You need bullets, slowed down for.. god knows what reason, to know you're being shot. You're absolutely right.

It really just bothers me, but it's one of the weird things for me. I didn't like it in max payne either, but you could mostly see those in slow mo only. Allow my weird rant, and sarcasm. And bake me a tray of cookies!

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

konnichiwa said:
Androo said:
thermal7 said:
I agree it shows off the power of the ps3, but to be honest it doesn't look that appealing.

It just looks so dull. Very muted colors and a whole lot of black. Plus the gameplay seems to be pretty repetitive. It looks like it would be run into room, find cover, duck out and shoot, kill all baddies and repeat. The bad guys or your team mates don't seem to move much. It all looks very static.

I think FPSes and particularly console ones have a battle against mediocrity. There are a number of efforts that can be made. Having a really interesting and involving story. Having a great variety of enemies. Having a great variety of levels/scenery. Having an original concept (Portal).

It seems like killzone has little story (you are on a special forces team, kill the bad guys), similar bad guys and levels (someone let me know if I am wrong about this). Having 500 lights or a level that takes up 2 gigs don't make a game fun or involving.

I have been playing games for a long time though, particularly FPSes so anything that smacks of more of the same is highly uninteresting. Maybe this isn't so to new gamers.

YES!!!

Seriously the game looks gorgeous. Truly an amazing graphical feat but why...WHY do they have to make it so dull? And don't give me the 'atmosphere' crap. The only atmosphere KZ2 evokes is depression. Not fun. Another game on the PS3 which looks FUN and with a HELL lot of atmosphere is Haze. It looks good and seems FUN.

Are the developers all colour-blind or something?

Sorry but this is still the alpha version, if you watched how the beta version will be:

http://www.gamesradar.com/gb//images/mb//GamesRadar/us/Games/K/Killzone%202/Bulk%20Viewers/PS3/2007-08-16/rim--screenshot_large.jpg

Does this still look dull to you?

In fact I thought GEOW looked dull to but look how popular it was.

Ok then so shades of grey and red. This is just a matter of opinion and IMO the game's art style/atmosphere sucks balls. If it had a more colourful look those graphics would stand out 10 times more. And truly show the developers' hard work. Just my 2c.

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers

It was alright. I think CoD4 looks better than this!

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY