By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Star Ocean: The Last Hope - Game Informer Scan (Review)

badgenome said:

For comparison's sake, Joe and Andrew both gave Infinite Undiscovery an 8.

Well that's good and bad. It's good because it means I don't trust them at all because it certainly was not worth that, but it's bad because they think that IU is a better game than this, and I don't think IU is a great game at all

Around the Network

Just played 4 and the game is fantastic, I had to leave my "KH, FF, DQ or fuck off" rule due to the lack of..........DQ, FF and KH. :/

RPG said:
I have to be honest and say DQ and FF are my top JRPG, growing in Tokyo those are the only 2 JRPG I bothered to play and same goes for my friends back there. KH was pretty good, TO games were meh and still are meh but I have been hyped for FFXIII, Versus, Agito and DQ IX since they were announced and no doubt will have to be the games which set the bar this generation for JRPG.

DQ IX releases this year which means FFXII will not make it in Japan until at least march 2010, goodness knows when EU and NA gamers will finally get to play the game. :/ Versus probably 2011 then and DQ X 2012...........WOW that is bad.

So it will have taken 4 years for the first great JRPG to releases this gen which makes me very very sad. :(

LO for me is the first great JRPG this gen. 9/10 from me. :)

Why do people take so much importance into a game's score... If you read the review and some complaints sound like bs to you or you don't care, you know you're going to like the game and it's going to be more like an 8-9/10 to you...

I don't get gamers so say "Uhhh just a 7 I'm not going to buy it". It really sounds like they can't think for themselves.

-_-' Sheep.

lolita said:
Who cares about the score? I know I love the Star Ocean series so I'm going to love this game.

Maybe it's because their last game, Infinite Undiscovery was distinctly average

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
lolita said:
Who cares about the score? I know I love the Star Ocean series so I'm going to love this game.

Maybe it's because their last game, Infinite Undiscovery was distinctly average

Maybe you shouldn't care because their Star Ocean series is good and Infinite Undiscovery has nothing to do with it?

American Reviewers seem to be really biased against JRPGs this gen. Nothing they do can please them.

If I had a 360, I would probably still be looking forward to SO4, regardless of what the reviews say. The game still looks awesome to me.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Reviews matter to me a lot. And 7 is a 7.

That being said as usual I am waiting for IGN/gamespot/GT reviews. IGN will publish their review on 19th.

However, jRPG genre really needs a blockbuster title ASAP. It seems like every console jRPG this gen either gets bad critical response or pathetic sales. Or both.

The reason Infinite Undiscovery was average was not because of the name, it was because of the gameplay, poor pacing, and general poor game design. I am still going to get this game, but I am not as excited as I would have been if tri-ace had not just made IU and it is getting average reviews (though that remains to be seen)

When it comes to JRPGs this gen simply add 1.5 to the averaged score and you get what people will really think of the game.

SO4:7 +1.5= 8.5 game

Star Ocean The last Hope= 8.5

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)