By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Seriously, Wiitendo, I'm going to be honest.

You're annoying.

Stop with the worship of everything Firefox. It's a good browser, yes. It's widely used by most people who know something about computers, yes. That doesn't mean that it's the next YHWH. It's NOT the greatest thing since sliced bread, and it ISN'T the cure for cancer. It's just a simple. web. browser.

With that said, stop posting the same thing over and over and over again just to bump your stupid thread. It's annoying. Thanks to this thread and this thread alone, I have half a notion to find a way to block you.

As for my preference, I have IE7 (because it came with the system), Firefox 2.0.0.6, and Opera 9.23. I prefer Firefox for its malleability and how much you can customize it, but it's essentially no better a browser than Opera, and in many ways, Opera is superior. IE7 is a decent browser and can meet all essential needs, especially if you have your own system firewalls and virus protection. The other two browsers are definitely better (and NOT Microsoft, which is one of the biggest reason many people use them), but IE7 really is an okay browser. It's not a complete hunk of junk like people make it out to be. It's just... not that great.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network
dgm6780 said:
the up - down :mouse gesture refreshes the page

down - right : closes that tab

down -:new blank tab

down click + on a link : force open link in new tab

down - up : new tab with same content as tab you on now

FF can do that stuff???

As a matter of fact, yes.  All-in-one Gestures extension -- you can map any mouse gestures to any of the Firefox menus.  I've remapped mine for Up (open link in new tab, focus) and down (open link in new tab, leave focus on current page).  The defaults are something more like what you listed.  But I only use two gestures.  

The above image used to crash safari and Mac OS finder but not effect Firefox.

I still feel that Opera is the most secure browser

On a PC I feel strongly that it goes Opera>Firefox>>IE7>>IE6>>>>>Safari(really buggy atm)

On a Mac I feel it goes Opera>Firefox>>>Safari>>IE

Opera is defintiely the most innovative.

On the subject of browsers I really do not like tabbed browsing though it is taking over I always turn it off when I can.

Opera has messed up some web page layouts a few times something that Firefox does less but Opera is definitely the fastest.

Safari and IE both will crash on one line of code(and there are quite a few of them).

var parser = new DOMParser();
    parser.async = false;

This one is specific to Safari on intel macs.

FF Has mouse gestures btw, you just need to enable install the extension them.

http://optimoz.mozdev.org/gestures/

Used to be built in, guess not enough people used them. 

What is with you people and mouse gestures? ever other opera post has the word gestures in it. Would you like me to start naming FF and Safari's features? Then we will see how cool your mouse gestures are.

Around the Network
Wiitendo said:
What is with you people and mouse gestures? ever other opera post has the word gestures in it. Would you like me to start naming FF and Safari's features? Then we will see how cool your mouse gestures are.

FF DOES have gestures, as an add-on.   And gestures are a great thing.  Let me give you an idea of how I use my gestures:

I open a page like news.google.com.  Now, if you're like me, you scan down through the page and select which stories you want to read.  If you're doing non-tabbed browsing, you either have to right click and select open on the link, or you click on the link.  Now, if you click on the link, then go back, the page may have changed and you may have missed another story you saw on there and wanted to read.  Likewise, if you open it in another tab or another window and that is automatically brought to the foreground, you're going to read the story before switching back -- and the timer may have updated and refreshed the news again and you've lost it.

Now, bring in FF + Gestures.  I right click and drag the link, which opens the story I want to read in a new tab, continue on down and select the next, and the next, and the next... (I do the same thing with forum threads).  And then I start reading the first one.  So those others are all loading while I'm reading, which makes things faster.  When I click on the tab close, the next story I wanted to read automatically comes to the foreground.

It's a real timesaver.  So don't knock it until you've tried it.

I have not switched.

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

Wiitendo said:

Opera is usually the first browser to come out with these cool ideas. Stuff like speed dial, tab browsing and mouse gestures all appeared first in Opera and it is the fastest one to boot with the fewest crashes and more stable. Firefox is great  because it is scalable and configurable and allows for a great range of personalzation...But come on? Safari? The swiss cheese of Internet browsers? It is passable for browsing but it is too unstable for my tastes and actually well to me it is jsut like using IE7.

Firefox and Opera both rock. NOTE firefox DOSE display more pages then Opera since it has more market share.

the only time I use IE is to download Firefox on a fresh windows install.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!