By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - is batman the dark knight the worst batman movie ever?

non-gravity said:
axed or extended and built upon

What do you mean? Are you talking about if they didn't kill Dent off? I can get on board with that, but that is why we have sequels. Frankly, Dent should have gotten his own film to shine and not shoehorned into the same flick as the Joker. I don't think that means give us a 4 1/2 hour movie to tell two completely different stories. I think that means they pick their plots and points of seperation better. The movie did feel a bit like the Oscars. It started off good, got really longwinded in the middle and had a forced, and packed ending seemingly because of time constraints.

If you didn't mean that, and just meant they should have picked up where the movie left off with Batman on the run, that's what the third one will be about, so I don't see the point of just making that as one movie. It wouldn't serve a purpose.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
non-gravity said:
@ Onyxmeth You can't cut down on such a great movie. Go watch it again.

I agree with onyx. Other than getting to put Heath Ledger in that awesome nurse costume, almost the entire second half of the Dent story could have been axed because it served little purpose.

Hmm, I don't know...

The entire second half of the Dent story was one of the most important part of the movie. That segment served to show that Batman and Gotham City lost and that Joker won.

The whole plan for the Joker was to take Batman and Gotham City's plans for peace and show just how useless it all was. Harvey Dent was suppose to be the White Knight of the city, a symbol of hope and peace (kinda like how Obama is sometimes being shown as). The Joker, though, ended up turning him into Two Face and the whole second half of Dent's story epitomizes just how far Joker twisted Dent and corrupted him into evil.

So, it kinda was important in the movie to show Joker's success and how Batman ruins it by making sure he gets the blame for it.

But that is just my opinion of course.

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

my theory of the movie is that
Ledger didnt want to be remembered as the guy from Brokeback Mountain
so he did an incredible job in the DK and commited suicide , so that people would remember him as the awesome joker!

Onyxmeth said:
non-gravity said:
axed or extended and built upon

What do you mean? Are you talking about if they didn't kill Dent off? I can get on board with that, but that is why we have sequels. Frankly, Dent should have gotten his own film to shine and not shoehorned into the same flick as the Joker. I don't think that means give us a 4 1/2 hour movie to tell two completely different stories. I think that means they pick their plots and points of seperation better. The movie did feel a bit like the Oscars. It started off good, got really longwinded in the middle and had a forced, and packed ending seemingly because of time constraints.

If you didn't mean that, and just meant they should have picked up where the movie left off with Batman on the run, that's what the third one will be about, so I don't see the point of just making that as one movie. It wouldn't serve a purpose.

*Slight spoilers*

Except the movie wasn't crammed. The reason the Joker made such an interesting villain was because he always had a devious new plan or scheme, even if he seemingly pulled them out of nowhere. All Two-Face did in the movie was kill off a couple of people he was mad it. He didn't have any grand schemes. He didn't have a "plan." He was insane, and even if all of his plans had worked, he was stuck in a garage and surrounded by dozens of police. The film could have been extended a tad bit more, but I'd say it was about the right length. Batman movies traditionally have multiple villains so it wouldn't make sense to have just the Joker (although, to be fair, Nolan's films weren't very traditional). If Two-Face were to have his own movie, he would have to shift towards the mob boss archtype seen in the cartoons and comics, and I'd say Nolan isn't interested in making his movies very campy.

pakidan101 said:
rocketpig said:
non-gravity said:
@ Onyxmeth You can't cut down on such a great movie. Go watch it again.

I agree with onyx. Other than getting to put Heath Ledger in that awesome nurse costume, almost the entire second half of the Dent story could have been axed because it served little purpose.

Hmm, I don't know...

The entire second half of the Dent story was one of the most important part of the movie. That segment served to show that Batman and Gotham City lost and that Joker won.

The whole plan for the Joker was to take Batman and Gotham City's plans for peace and show just how useless it all was. Harvey Dent was suppose to be the White Knight of the city, a symbol of hope and peace (kinda like how Obama is sometimes being shown as). The Joker, though, ended up turning him into Two Face and the whole second half of Dent's story epitomizes just how far Joker twisted Dent and corrupted him into evil.

So, it kinda was important in the movie to show Joker's success and how Batman ruins it by making sure he gets the blame for it.

But that is just my opinion of course.

Well I was actually talking more along the lines of most of the mafia and underworld criminal doings in the film and how many of them really never served much purpose. I'm sure a shorter story could have had the same effect as most of the longwinded scenes involving these throwaway characters. How much unecessary time involved the money laundering, money burning, etc.? Also what was the point of the fake Batmans and Scarecrow scene near the beginning? They never even picked up the storyline of civilain vigilantes elsewhere in the movie so why bother starting it?

Also, and this just goes for Batman movies in general, I would like to see just one Batman movie that doesn't involve a romantic interest. For god's sake you'd think this were an important aspect of the comics and it's not. I can recall many great Batman stories I've read that have NOTHING to do with a Bruce Wayne/Batman romantic interest.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:

*Slight spoilers*

Except the movie wasn't crammed. The reason the Joker made such an interesting villain was because he always had a devious new plan or scheme, even if he seemingly pulled them out of nowhere. All Two-Face did in the movie was kill off a couple of people he was mad it. He didn't have any grand schemes. He didn't have a "plan." He was insane, and even if all of his plans had worked, he was stuck in a garage and surrounded by dozens of police. The film could have been extended a tad bit more, but I'd say it was about the right length. Batman movies traditionally have multiple villains so it wouldn't make sense to have just the Joker (although, to be fair, Nolan's films weren't very traditional). If Two-Face were to have his own movie, he would have to shift towards the mob boss archtype seen in the cartoons and comics, and I'd say Nolan isn't interested in making his movies very campy.

Well considering that both Nolan flicks have had heavy mafia involvement in them, I would say having Two Face doing that would actually fit up his alley pretty well.

Also I do remember a very well made Batman film having a single villain, and surprisingly that villain was also the Joker.

The thread is so full of fail that it actually read -14 new posts lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Compared to Batman movie in 1989 with the main villian being a Penguin? NO!
This was probably the best Batman movie ever! This must be a joke thread.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Onyxmeth said:

Also, and this just goes for Batman movies in general, I would like to see just one Batman movie that doesn't involve a romantic interest. For god's sake you'd think this were an important aspect of the comics and it's not. I can recall many great Batman stories I've read that have NOTHING to do with a Bruce Wayne/Batman romantic interest.

Fixed.

I'm genuinely tired of it getting put into movies where it just doesn't belong.  These days it feels almost like a movie requirement (main lead must have romantic interest).

It's the best movie of 2008

don't hate.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!