By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - is batman the dark knight the worst batman movie ever?

vlad321 said:
TIME TO MAKE THIS THREAD INTO WIN!

I'm waiting for Watchmen. If the director manages to bring the essence of the source material (the book) into the movie, it will be FAR better than The Dark Knight. Discuss!

He won't do it. There is no way The Watchmen get their due in 2-2 1/2 hours. On top of that, the director's resume is slightly less than impressive. His remake of Dawn of the Dead kicked some ass, I will admit that.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

I thought that the Dark Knight and Batman Begins were the only good Batman movies.

Right at the end of the Dark Knight it became very interesting and they could've made the movie 2 hours longer. One of the Greatest movies ever

non-gravity said:
Right at the end of the Dark Knight it became very interesting and they could've made the movie 2 hours longer. One of the Greatest movies ever

Holy crap. Here I was thinking that movie could have shaved off a good 30-45 minutes in editing at least.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

NO WAY, The Dark Knight was one of the best movies I have seen in years (IMO). But you are entitled to your opinion, even it YOU ARE WRONG.....:)........

Around the Network

@ Onyxmeth You can't cut down on such a great movie. Go watch it again.

vlad321 said:
TIME TO MAKE THIS THREAD INTO WIN!

I'm waiting for Watchmen. If the director manages to bring the essence of the source material (the book) into the movie, it will be FAR better than The Dark Knight. Discuss!

Going by the trailers alone, ill have to say its going to be a less than flattering adaptation. The focus seems to be on making the movie visually striking, which misses the point to some extent. Also, as someone has already mentioned, its impossible to compress the source material into one single movie and even hope to have done justice to it.

On the plus side, it cant be worse than 300 or league of extraordinary gentlemen

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

non-gravity said:
@ Onyxmeth You can't cut down on such a great movie. Go watch it again.

I agree with onyx. Other than getting to put Heath Ledger in that awesome nurse costume, almost the entire second half of the Dent story could have been axed because it served little purpose.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
MontanaHatchet said:
As someone who has watched every major Batman film (even Batman & Robin), I would say that Batman Begins and The Dark Knight actually stand as the best Batman films, with TDK taking the crown. You probably just dislike The Dark Knight because it's popular. It's the most common reason for disliking something that's good.

Either that or he has a huge hard-on for Adam West.

Out of all the Batman films, the last two are the truest to the character.

Exactly, Batman should have a darker image.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

axed or extended and built upon