By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - is batman the dark knight the worst batman movie ever?

As someone who has watched every major Batman film (even Batman & Robin), I would say that Batman Begins and The Dark Knight actually stand as the best Batman films, with TDK taking the crown. You probably just dislike The Dark Knight because it's popular. It's the most common reason for disliking something that's good.

Around the Network

Eh, you might be a batman movie fan, but if you prefer those earlier flicks over TDK, you must be utterly in love with the TV series.

@vlad
That thread is a gift that keeps on giving

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

MontanaHatchet said:
As someone who has watched every major Batman film (even Batman & Robin), I would say that Batman Begins and The Dark Knight actually stand as the best Batman films, with TDK taking the crown. You probably just dislike The Dark Knight because it's popular. It's the most common reason for disliking something that's good.

Either that or he has a huge hard-on for Adam West.

Out of all the Batman films, the last two are the truest to the character.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

there is only 1 batman...and here he is on the original batmobile.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MontanaHatchet said:

It's always possible that he just doesn't like TDK. I don't either, not for any reason other than I just didn't enjoy it. It may well be good but it's not my cup of tea.

Around the Network

Have you seen Batman and Robin? No movie could ever compete with that movie for worst Batman ever. Its just impossible.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

the dark knight was an incredible move, but i still think Jack Nicholson played a better joker

There is no wrong opinion, but if you had seen every Batman movie, I'm sure a better choice could be made. Even ifyou depised this style of Batmanmovie over the Adam West TV movie horror show, and the Burton and Schumacher eras, it's still better overall than Batman Begins. I'm going to have to go with Montana here that this is likely backlash from the ridiculous amount of popularity the film has. It gets on my nerves too sometimes when people claim a 9 month old film is the greatest ever, so I can relate.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

TIME TO MAKE THIS THREAD INTO WIN!

I'm waiting for Watchmen. If the director manages to bring the essence of the source material (the book) into the movie, it will be FAR better than The Dark Knight. Discuss!

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
TIME TO MAKE THIS THREAD INTO WIN!

I'm waiting for Watchmen. If the director manages to bring the essence of the source material (the book) into the movie, it will be FAR better than The Dark Knight. Discuss!

I'm not sure if he can, but at least he gives a shit and tries with his films. Most directors making comic book movies don't seem to have much respect for the source material at all and are being pulled at the strings by the studio heads. I'm sure Watchmen will be a fantastic film even if it slightly falters.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.