By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The reason you love Nintendo?

Because they first loved me.

Around the Network

I have played Nintendo my whole life....

For me, a small part of it is still nostalgia. That said, I've always enjoyed the way they try to do things differently than other companies. Nintendo games just 'feel' different.

As a company, they are often stubborn, out of touch, or just plain weird, but it almost always yields some interesting games.

I might not like absolutely everything they put out, but they've kept me coming back for a very long time.

I don't love Nintendo, the same way I don't love any other developer or hardware manufacturer, but I love some of their products!
My old NES days with tons of cool games, all those hours with the Mario Bros games, Contra, Zelda, Final Fantasy, Castlevania, Turtles and Track & Field (really fun with a turbo pad)!
I also loved the N64, it had some of the best games I've ever played and was a great machine, the gamepad is the second best in the industry yet imo!

foont said:
For me, a small part of it is still nostalgia. That said, I've always enjoyed the way they try to do things differently than other companies. Nintendo games just 'feel' different.

As a company, they are often stubborn, out of touch, or just plain weird, but it almost always yields some interesting games.

I might not like absolutely everything they put out, but they've kept me coming back for a very long time.

totally agree with you.

Around the Network

The NES helped brighten a dark time in my life.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

nes , snes and n64, i want a gamecube, but the wii and its new pop culture audience is killing all my love for nintendo. (i want more metriod and zelda games)

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Dont love them...I love games...but I have to be thankful for Nintendo...

They fully bought me into gaming with Mario Brothers on the NES...ahhh the good old days

radha said:
nes , snes and n64, i want a gamecube, but the wii and its new pop culture audience is killing all my love for nintendo. (i want more metriod and zelda games)

They are making a new metroid game (dunno which console) and Metroid Prime 3 is amazing.

If you still haven't played the Prime series, I suggest getting them and play it on the Wii (since the Wii is BC with Gamecube), or if you want you can buy the Wii versions that has the same control setup Prime 3 has.

im old enough to have had atari

when nes dropped it was a revelation

snes i was dyed in the wool

got out a bit, but ds and wii won me back

incredible company that stays true to its roots

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889