By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bruce on SSBB- why he was right and VGchartz was wrong (prepare to lol)

OMG, speaking about blinded fanboys

Around the Network

You know those "serious gamers" on that forum he's talking about? I'm pretty sure that's a joke thread, here's the thread creator on Page 12:

I think what we need is guns. Lots of them. And Space Marines. And all the generic types of games that I enjoy playing. And I don't care if you don't agree so shut up now this is a thread for people who think it's shit.

And if I didn't know any better, I'd say Bruce was joking too.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I have only 2 palms, needs more on the face.

lol and yet when you go trade in ssbb you get like 35$.

gta4- well lets just say Hamilton is lucky to be in bed with it.
i bought the game brand new for my ps3 less then a month ago for 12 bucks..NEW!!!

seriously wow

hello how are you.

FishyJoe said:
Seriously, did anyone expect SSBB to sell 10 million copies in the first year? Anyone???

I think some did, especially since it's considered a hardcore series, thus needed to sell well to prove Nintendo wrong.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

So the Wii is a console mainly for casual while the Gamecube was driven mainly by Nintendo fans thus the relative low hardware sales.

Smash Bros Melee for GC is the best selling game on the system with 7 million units LTD ( source: Nintendo ).
Smash Bros for Wii isn't the best selling game for the platform but it has already surpass the sales of the GC episode in 9-12 months. Currently it has sold around 8 million copies ( source: Nintendo ).

Very few games in whatever system or time can sell that much.

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Why does this guy get attention?

N.Genckel said:
Why does this guy get attention?

How else is he going to make himself look stupid? Who else is going to laugh at him?

Guys...the 360 has yet to sell a million in Japan...therefore with that data, I can conclude the 360 is an international failure.

See? I could cherry pick statistics and pass it on as bull*** too.

I love his last comment on his blog :

<< I have already said that GTA IV outsold SSBB in America (only) by less than I expected. Please read what I write. But it still outsold SSBB by over a million copies when all the fanboys said SSBB would come out on top. They were wrong.

And the failure of more HD titles to outsell is largely down to the failure of the PS3 in the market during 2008. I didn’t factor in that Sony could make such a complete mess of things.

And this is the end of me wasting my time with fanboys on this subject. So I am not going to approve of any more comments on this article. >>

If you know how to read between the lines, his last sentence means : "I'm running of crazy counter arguments to the logical arguments you guys keep throwing at me. So I'm closing this conversation"

Signature goes here!