By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Something I've noticed about some PS3 fanboys and multiplatform games

Max King of the Wild said:
stupid. thread. ive. noticed. 360. fanboys. love. making. shit. up. its. pathetic. it. cant. just. be. those. people. dont. like . the. game. flaimbait. thread.

You forgot:

S, T, I, N, F, L, M, S, U, I, P, I, C, J, B, T, P, D, L, T, G, F, T

Tease.

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
I should explain when I said inferior, I wasn't referring to "graphix", I'm seldomly fussed about graphics I was referring to controls. From what I read of people who have played both versions they seem to claim the 360 controls are better.

I should have specified I was referring to them and their opinions.

And in reference to GTA4 I was referring to the fact that most who have played it are now commenting it's not as good as first thought (me included)

nice save.

Slimebeast said:
Legend11 said:

They seem far more inclined to put them down than 360 fanboys.  Is it because they see some of them as some kind of betrayal?  It's not for all games but some of the bigger ones.  For example I've noticed it to a certain extent with GTAIV and now I'm starting to see it with RE5.   Anyone else noticed the same thing?

Yes. Your observation is perfectly true.

Often I get the impression that many Sony fans don't give a rats ass about Final Fantasy 13, RE5, Fallout 3, CoD 4/5, GTA4 and other highly acclaimed and anticipated games. For them it's all about Sony exclusives.

Its funny you should say that because out of all the games you mentioned the only one i care about is Final Fantasy. Plus i dont mind getting a multi-plat game as long as it is of high quality, but most of the time sony made games are of higher quality then 3rd party games.

The games usualy have better graphics, nice gameplay and run without a hitch on the ps3 when they are made by sony. I prefer sony made games. Lets say next gen sony become a software company i would still by the games they make, as i do with sega.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

skip said:

As far as gta4 is concerned the game wasn't very fun (saints row 2 was better). RE5 sucks because If I want to melee someone I have to unsheath my knife..... stand perfectly still....slash......turn to next enemy.......realise said enemy is a foot away.........put my knife back in the sheath.......take one step forward........unsheath my knife.....stand perfectly still.....slash......rinse and repeat.

The knife works the same way as in RE4. It's not meant to be used when there's lots of zombies around, I use it to save on ammo when I'm dealing with one zombie: you shoot one time in the head, you run to him and kick him down, you knife him to death as he gets up. Of course, in RE5 it's doesn't work as well because Sheva really likes to waste bullets.

Signature goes here!

I don't like multiplatform games at all, and it is not just relating to PS3. Multiplatform games, no matter what systems they are going onto suffer compared to a dedicated game on one console, handheld, or PC. Between PS3, PSP, 360, and Wii I only own 7 multiplatform games, I have well over 60 exclusives for those respective consoles.

Multiplats I own;

-Madden 09 PS3
-Bioshock 360
-Bioshock PS3
-Call of Duty 4 PS3
-Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 PSP
-Grand Theft Auto 4 PS3
-Fight Night Round 3 PS3

My guess is that the reason PS3 fans have the biggest gripe with multiplatform games is because they have the most to loose. A dedicated PS3 game has the ability to use upto 50GB (currently), were as a 360 game can only use about 6.5GB. Basically multiplatform games are built to that 6.5GB and leave PS3 owns with a nearly empty disc, that still has nothing but potential for a much better game.

Another thing is that nearly all Sony games have no load times, and no installs.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network

Everytime..legend makes a thread to have a go at or in some way cause a flaming thread at SONY or nintendo n then NEVER replies in them

I wonder why!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I noticed PS fanboys always putting down multiplats like there too good for them lmao.

That's because PS3 owners have their own exclusive games that are better than most multiplat:

- god of war better than DMC
- Gran turismo, wipeout and motorstorm better than any racing games
- Uncharted better than any action games
- Resistance and Killzone 2 better than any FPS

So well, multiplat games look a little ... average for us ^^

darthdevidem01 said:
Everytime..legend makes a thread to have a go at or in some way cause a flaming thread at SONY or nintendo n then NEVER replies in them

I wonder why!

Yep, that sounds like typical Legend behavior, not that I mind it or anything.

Honestly, he probably posts, leaves, comes back and doesn't see his topic on the first page, so he drops it.

Tremble said:
That's because PS3 owners have their own exclusive games that are better than most multiplat:

- god of war better than DMC
- Gran turismo, wipeout and motorstorm better than any racing games
- Uncharted better than any action games
- Resistance and Killzone 2 better than any FPS

So well, multiplat games look a little ... average for us ^^

Did the J man miss a memo or something?

Since when was uncharted better than any action game and since when was R1/2 and KZ2 better than any fps?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!