By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are we all hypocrites?

I'm not a hypocrite. I have stated in several threads that "It used to be Nintendo or Sega, and now it's Nintendo or nothing." (I don't trust non-gaming companies in the gaming business.) I have only paid for Nintendo systems, and when the GameCube only had maybe 20 games I wanted instead of 75+ like most Nintendo systems, I simply... played StarCraft for 6 years. It's ... my way of the ninja.

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
I'm not a hypocrite. I have stated in several threads that "It used to be Nintendo or Sega, and now it's Nintendo or nothing." (I don't trust non-gaming companies in the gaming business.) I have only paid for Nintendo systems, and when the GameCube only had maybe 20 games I wanted instead of 75+ like most Nintendo systems, I simply... played StarCraft for 6 years. It's ... my way of the ninja.

Holy shit that's like what I did all during the GC/PS2/Xbox era, it was like "this gen is boring the only good console games I've liked and tried to be creative has been a few third parties on PS2 and Nintendo on Gamecube" and then played Starcraft for 6 years until Wii came along.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

GooseGaws said:

Alright, I have to throw in.

Gamecube:

PS2:

Oh no, you didn't!

PS2:

GameCube:

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

There is a difference between fanboy and the average consumer. Fanboys will stay with their system and may frequent gaming sites, the average consumers don't care about either. There are far less fanboys than consumers, and though PS3 sales are low, you can bet a HUGE hunk of those sales are the Sony fanboys in some form or another. Even big Sony tech geeks are included in that. I know many people who ONLY buy Sony as long as Sony makes the product.

But to answer your question, yes, we are all hypocrites in some way, because we all have a mind and know better yet all have some temptation or desire that makes us do otherwise at some point.

Oh and this thread needs more pictures.  :p

That's it!!!!!!

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"
Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:

Holy shit that's like what I did all during the GC/PS2/Xbox era, it was like "this gen is boring the only good console games I've liked and tried to be creative has been a few third parties on PS2 and Nintendo on Gamecube" and then played Starcraft for 6 years until Wii came along.

Don't trust "non-gaming" companies in the gaming business.  Hm.  Well Microsoft had made some games before entering the market, but I see what you mean, and think that has been a part of my decisions as well.  These HUGE and well known companies come into the industry and start playing with developers choices.  Almost feels like the industry was taken away from us and then Nintendo won it back.  If we look at the history of their entrances though, in many ways they were sort of invited in, so I cannot be untrusting of them on that basis alone.  However, if you look at all the PR spin, lies, and manipulation they have done in the years that they have been a part of the industry, that is what keeps me on Nintendo's side.

Again, I say, in Sony and MS cases, I love the games and sometimes the developers (not for their frivalous pig-headed business decisions), but dislike the manufacturers.

According to Nintendo the GameCube demographics was dominated by young kids, this reflected on the games.

The PS2 had many kids orientated games (like Ape Escape 2 & 3 I own for my PS3), but also many incredibly Epic high production value games (like God of War 1 & 2 I own for my PS3).

I love many Mario games, but the GameCube in general just didn't appeal to me. I owned neither PS2 nor GameCube. The technical differences are far bigger this generation and IMO the graphics in top PS2 games were well beyond what the top GameCube titles demonstrated. IMO this had more to do with top quality 1st parties rather than significantly superior hardware.

IMO the Wii is more like a toy, which IMO is good as there's plenty of room in the market for a more young kid, female and casual orientated console. We own Wiis as well for a quick laugh (party games or Mario games), but given a choice I buy all my high production value games (or media related stuff) on the PS3, it's a far more capable console.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

You do realize a lot of PS2 owners have switched to the Wii, right?

at God of War vs crappy looking gamecube game image

Behold the PoWrZ of t3h CELL no erm RSX no thats it

I give you t3h eMotion EnGine3

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

@ The_God_of_War

You do realize a lot of PS2 owners have switched to the Wii, right?

Multi console ownership was pretty high last gen (especially amongst XBox and GameCube owners, who bought a PS2 at some point), I think it's likely to be the case this generation as well. I know various people including myself who both own a PS3 (primary console for most) and a Wii.

I think over time (price drops, sequels to high profile PS2 games, etc) a vast majority of past PS2 owners will own a PS3 in the future. In addition I think a lot of Wii and XBox 360 users will switch to the PS3 as their primary console as well.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales