By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix Reveals‭ ‬Eidos‭ Takeover ‬Bid

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
mroca said:

When you said 'One hit wonder' are you basing that on the eleven Final Fantasy games which begin as a new story? I said 11 cause FFX continues into FFX-2.

When I said one hit wonder, I was pointing at the fact that Square (I don't mean Square-Enix, but Square) has made over 20 games in the last 2 years with 'Final Fantasy' in the title.  While only creating 4 other games not linked to the FF name and publishing about that many other games from outside sources.

Square is just trying to shove Final Fantasy down our throats and doesn't want to make anything else.  I understand many of their original teams are gone and they probably can't make as good of a Chrono or Musashi game.  But that doesn't them from trying to make a good Mana, Saga or even original IP again.

Well, despite not liking the game, what about The World Ends With You? Maybe Sigma Harmonics?

Square takes a risk for a new IP and they both flop in comparison to all other Final Fantasy games. People don't seem to want it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

hmm interesting news. Could be a nice partnership.

outlawauron said:

Well, despite not liking the game, what about The World Ends With You? Maybe Sigma Harmonics?

Square takes a risk for a new IP and they both flop in comparison to all other Final Fantasy games. People don't seem to want it.

That game sold pretty fine.  At least at well as some Final Fantasy games we have had in the last 2 years.  However, it would have sold better if it had advertising behind it.

Its hard to expect a game to sell well unless you tell people about it.  The only reason Final Fantasy sells well is because it has the name brand.  And even then, the recent Final Fantasy releases have been sliding in sales due to their being too many of them and only certain ones having advertising.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

the more and more square tries to westernize, the worse they become, and the more money they lose.

Square has become the RPG genre's EA.

Atlus has become the new Square with a touch of Working Designs.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
deathgod33 said:
the more and more square tries to westernize, the worse they become, and the more money they lose.

And hopefully, they choke on it and never go there again.

Japan bitches!!!

pbroy said:

That's incredibly insightful. The first part, I mean. The second part is just crazy talk.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Johann said:
pbroy said:

That's incredibly insightful. The first part, I mean. The second part is just crazy talk.

Doesn't EA make really good games now? Was the memo not passed around?

Khuutra said:
Johann said:
pbroy said:

Doesn't EA make really good games now? Was the memo not passed around?

If they want to get my trust, they still have a long way to go. They're like an ex-con, my fear of them might be irrational, but as long as they're arround them I'll watch my back. Holy shit, that was a horrible analogy...

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

pbroy said:

The difference is Enix basically bought Square, whereas EA goes out and buys all the companies who makes good games.  And turns around, fires half their stuaff and replaces them with their own underpaid, overwored drones. 

And in the case of Square-Enix, its the Square division which is churning out the copies and bringing the company down.

Six upcoming games you should look into: