By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix Reveals‭ ‬Eidos‭ Takeover ‬Bid

I wouldn't mind having Lara Croft in a Parasite Eve type of game.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
Rei said:
Eidos owns Legacy of Kain IP if I am right. This one IP already justifies this purchase. There is so much they could do with LoK universe.

Square getting a hold of the Legacy of Kain would be very interesting...

This seems , Wrong and Right at the same time, it may help Tomb Raider, but i only want any ANY one to make a good game for Legacy of kain , i hope square enix does it right and not give Raziel some spiky hair and giant sword that sucks lifestreams.

Final Fantasy and legacy of kain are one of my favorite franchises, but combining them would be a disaster.

Square-Eid-nix-rofltoast
btw Square enix wanted to buy Tecmo the other day too. but Tecmo refused, way to go tecmo tho i hate Dead or alive.

Kantor said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Deus Ex Eidos?

*Loud chorus of "oh, yeah!"*

I'll give you an "Oh, yeah!", but I'm gonna need some help to make up a chorus.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Where do people get these "Oh a Lara RPG!" and "oh a spiky-haired Raziel!" ideas from? Dont you get it that they are not going to work together or to merge their dev teams? The actual reason why Square wants Eidos is because the latter owns IPs popular in the West and the last thing Square would want to do is to japanesize these IPs.

You dont see Cloud in Space Invaders, and you dont see Sonic the Hedgehog in Total War games. Somehow I thought people on vgchartz understand that.

Around the Network
Rei said:

Where do people get these "Oh a Lara RPG!" and "oh a spiky-haired Raziel!" ideas from? Dont you get it that they are not going to work together or to merge their dev teams? The actual reason why Square wants Eidos is because the latter owns IPs popular in the West and the last thing Square would want to do is to japanesize these IPs.

You dont see Cloud in Space Invaders, and you dont see Sonic the Hedgehog in Total War games. Somehow I thought people on vgchartz understand that.

Doesn't make it any less interesting to muse about, especially given that we may never see another Legacy of Kain game unless Square sticks the cattle prod to them.

Rei said:
Eidos owns Legacy of Kain IP if I am right. This one IP already justifies this purchase. There is so much they could do with LoK universe.

i dont think they own it anymore. when amy hennings (now naughty dog chick lady) left eidos i think she urged naughty dog to buy lok ip so i think naughty dog owns it, but then again i could be mistaken.

papflesje said:
Tomb Raider,
Hitman

What else does Eidos have? I know that Carmageddon was once under their wings, but don't know if that is still the case.

Deus Ex

Thief

Wonderful franchises for my tastes, but they managed to totally lobotomize Deus Ex in the sequel, while Thief III is only slightly flawed, but that flaw (they didn't manage to do big levels in only one piece, like the older Thief I & II instead did) somehow lowers player's immersion. And talking about immersion literally, Garrett in T I and II could swim, in T III he can't anymore, if he touches deep water, he's dead.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

KylieDog said:

If this means more Tomb Raider games then great.

It's bad enough already, with the release of the same average game every year.

Square can't stop pushing their 'one hit wonder' Final Fantasy.....Why are they looking to buy other studios? They need to fix their own practices.

Six upcoming games you should look into: