By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix Reveals‭ ‬Eidos‭ Takeover ‬Bid

Rei said:
Eidos owns Legacy of Kain IP if I am right. This one IP already justifies this purchase. There is so much they could do with LoK universe.

For example: ruin it with Final Fantasy influences.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Around the Network

Wow, that's 84 million pounds down the drain. This Japan developer "lulz we're western nao!" trend is very disturbing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Deus Ex Eidos?

*Loud chorus of "oh, yeah!"*

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Yeah, it was. But since Ion Storm is dead and Warren Spector isn't involved with DE3 as far as I know... I don't get the excitement.

Gnac said:
Rei said:
Eidos owns Legacy of Kain IP if I am right. This one IP already justifies this purchase. There is so much they could do with LoK universe.

For example: ruin it with Final Fantasy influences.

Huh? What does Final Fantasy have to do with LoK?

Around the Network

Looks like Eidos approved.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2009/feb/12/mergersandacquisitions-games

Dang it, knew i should have invested in them. :(

Hmm, pie.

I would love to see another Legacy of Kain and Soul Reaver sequel. I just dont know how much Crystal Dynamics have control over those games.

Square Enix are serious about getting into the west, it's definitely a good step but I find it hard to comprehend a company like Square-Enix making Tomb Raiders and Kane and Linch's. I thought their whole western approach was about getting their RPG's to sell well here other then FF... I guess we don't know what they'll do with the EIDOS studio's.

I think it's a sign that the industry is moving away from smaller publishers though, and indie dev's are going to struggle to make full retail releases. I'd guess Midway are next to be gobbled up by one of the big publishers too.

Very interesting, hmm.

Bad Step Square stop trying to become a western dev company...fucking idiots keep to your roots your ROOTS

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi