By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Low KZ2 Pre-Orders means NO gamespot Midnight Launch! (confirmed)

Maybe people are realising theirs better places to by your games than Gamestop? ;)

Around the Network
Neoraf said:
Killzone2 hype = a hoax?

After all the bigs hopes (LBP, Haze, MGS4, Resistance2, Socom, Killzone2) to turn the tide around...

What will be the PS3's next savior?

GT5 FF13v GOW

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Neoraf said:
Killzone2 hype = a hoax?

After all the bigs hopes (LBP, Haze, MGS4, Resistance2, Socom, Killzone2) to turn the tide around...

I'm gonna guess, fanboys. They seem to be the ones that are most worried about it.

Wow, Killzone gets a new thread a day round here. Interesting.

I actually was in the process of writing about the lack of Killzone promotional items at Gamestop. I went to 4 Gamestops for research and saw nothing about their free demo code promotion. All of them had 1 little placard on the counter. Meanwhile, SFIV and F.E.A.R. 2 had posters all over the window, and about 2 or 3 in store promotional items a piece. SFIV even had a huge countdown timer on the counter. Likewise, I got an email from Gamecrazy speaking of a free t shirt with a KZ2 preorder. Went to 2 of their stores and no one knew about it. I have the article on hold because I want to wait and see what happens for about 1 more week, but it is a bit weird to me. For a split second I started thinking it was deliberate, but then I thought maybe Sony hasnt sent any promotional items yet, or maybe the stores are just pushing the games that release first.

I am a gamer. Not a fanboy, not a troll, a gamer. So when you dont like what I have to say, remember this fact.

Neoraf said:
Killzone2 hype = a hoax?

The game is still over 2 weeks away... and it has already got 1.1m pre-orders in the EU if that is what you are concerned about

Anyway, GT 5 and FF XIII will and always have been the biggest games on PS3

Around the Network

Eh, as excited as I am for this game, I don't do a lot of pre-ordering. I'd say that MGS4 was my last pre-ordered game with MGS3:Subsistance before that. I've been thinking that there isn't much of a point in shelling out some money in advance when I could probably find the game at a couple of other stores in the area on launch week.

With Killzone 2, all I had to do was create a European account and Gamestop's pre-order incentive went up in smoke.

Munkeh111 said:
Neoraf said:
Killzone2 hype = a hoax?

The game is still over 2 weeks away... and it has already got 1.1m pre-orders in the EU if that is what you are concerned about

Anyway, GT 5 and FF XIII will and always have been the biggest games on PS3

when are people gonna stop throwing around the 1.1 million pre-order numbers?  Thats the numbers stores ordered so that they are stocked.  So yes 1.1 million pre-orders for people if you honestly believe that every single copy will be sold initially.

That's bull I think it has plenty of advertising. But we only advertise what the companies pay for so if it's under advertised it is their fault. So it seems sony is not advertising it properly. Or maybe the hype for the game supercedes that of what it actually is getting. I'm not here to give a definite answer though.

Anyways midnight releases are up to the district manager of the region and then still up to the managers of the local stores. Midnight releases are hard to pull off especially with no gain whatsoever for the stores. Meaning usually if we are going to do it, we need to be paid to do it in the same methods of marketing.

Otherwise its just a hassle. I don't think my store or region will do it for RE5 either and that's a bigger release so don't feel too down.

the employees are terrible at pushing preorders around the ones i live around. only one out of the 6 do it. reason i know this is because one day i went to 5 of them looking in the really cheap used games section looking for awesome games. anyway there are 3 in the same area 1 in the mall and 2 a block away from when they took over eb. on my 4th store they were like "i assume youve already been asked if you want to preorder mgs4 " and i said no and the guy was like "really we are suppose to ask everyone who walks into the store."

Hmh Gamespot should first review the game..

Take my love, take my land..