By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What direction you want console gaming to go?

I want all the Wii is maybe with better graphics and that's it I guess. I don't need media and such on console...

I think that the more we go, the more they become computers, which isn't the purpose of a console. It's supposed to be fun and cheap, unlike computers. I want a gaming device, not a second PC...

Around the Network

I want more immersion. It's got to be a combination of power and innovation. I want my holodeck! So yes these companies need to challenge each other. PS3 and 360 can push Nintendo to be more powerful and Nintendo can push the other guys to become more innovative.

I want the opposed direction of Nintendo :

- less minigames
- less party games
- less cartoon games

I want :

- immersive game
- innovative gameplay
- innovative story/character/background

I m ok with news controller like wiimote/board
Overall, it is good that Nintendo introduce us with news idea like this
BUT I want that these news controller to be used on games that I like (obviously no Wiisports or Wiifit for example).
So not the main Wii direction

Time to Work !

I want my console to be $300 or less at launch.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

+1 mancandy,

yes a cheaper console as the Wii is right now is very good for all the gamers ...

Time to Work !

Around the Network
Entroper said:
Stereoscopic 3D. Make it happen.

VIRTUAL BOY 2!!!!!!!!!!!!! hooray

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots more JRPGS on ALL consoles,FF to have an amazing story like the orignals(FFI-FFVII),Blu-ray/HDDVD(more likely Blu-ray)in all consoles,I do NOT want Wiimote like controls,a console that isnt £425 at launch/a console that is less than £350 at launch,all consoles will be HD,Nintendo will have the Wiimote2,Sony will have Dualshock4/Sixaxis2,MS will have their controller(which they havent named i think thats weird),all consoles will be atleast 3x more powerful than their predecesors,story will take over from graphics and gameplay in games,online will be amazing,Nintendo will "copy" Home but add Mii's,MS WONT update Live much,PSN will be better than Live and still be free,the Halo series will be reborn with Halo4,FFXIV will be the most epic RPG ever created and be 250+ hours long,the MGS series will be reborn for the second time with MGS5,EA will go bankrupt because of all the shit games they make,MS 1st party games become much better than they are now,there wont be as many Mario games from Nintendo,Sony will secure alot more 3rdparty support BEFORE PS4 launches,MSGS will STILL be in debt.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

I want a Wii 2. New controls and Nice graphics. I don't want some technology that's over 300$ though, but graphics above the PS3 level (which won't be hard/expensive come 2010-2012).

For games i want Next-Gen to go the way Nintendo is going, focus on both casual and hardcore/traditional games. That way there is no feelings of being "abandoned" and the video game industry as a whole expands (we should want the industry to become a big part of entertainment, like the movie/TV industry).

I'm very excited for the 8th gen. Since it looks like the Wii will win, i'm expecting/hoping that the industry will change from entertaining about 100-200 million to entertaining 100's of millions. And better than Wii Gameplay along with better than PS3 Power, hopefully added with the online experience only 360 can bring? That is the potential of the 8th Generation.

Wii Friend Code: 7356 3455 0732 3498 PM me if you add me

i would prefer the industry to focus on innovation and how we play games, but not to dismiss graphical and processing horsepower and just let it progress as time goes on... i mean the ps3 could have focused a lot more on power than what it has done. [many pc gamers on here seem to laugh at the difference between high end pcs and the ps3]

i think the Wii has actually got the balance about right for the current gen... probably why it has become so popular.
next gen i will be ready for HD as i might be able to afford a HDtv [though i'm reluctant because most only seem to support 720p, and i don't want to buy a new tv only to need a new one in 2-3 years.]

as for multimedia funtions and desktops etc, i'm really not bothered, i see them as perks rather than valid purchase reasons. The only reason my phone has a camera is because it's difficult to buy one without, my phone is mainly for texts, followed by calls.

I want my next console to be able to print money

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.