By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What direction you want console gaming to go?

Do you think the continuation of focus on faster, more powerful consoles is good for the industry? Do you think they should continue with this trend forever? Or would you rather have the industry to focus on HOW we play video games? I mean seriously, think of this scenario. 2011 comes around we have Xbox 720 and Playstation 4 that has like 5 GB RAM, a super "feelings" processor, 2 GB of HD space, and can output ultra high definition graphics. Then 2016 rolls around we get the same thing but just multiple those specs by 10. Oh, and we still have fundamentally the same type of controller. Get what I am saying?

Around the Network

I think that Sony or Microsoft need to go from the console market. Together they are not good for the industry.

PS4 will have a more advanced Cell Processor in it...

but I want console to either go being more PC/media center like but with full body motion and sound capture tech. I want 4k+ resolution if the motion and sound capture part doesnt happen.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

jhlennon1 said:
I think that Sony or Microsoft need to go from the console market. Together they are not good for the industry.

Competition is good.  Do you think Sony would be busting their balls trying to make Killzone 2 incredible if it wasn't for Microsoft?  I find the competition in the high end in console gaming is getting incredibly vicious but the low end has Nintendo sitting back and relaxing.  I mean look at Microsoft, they're seriously working hard to get jrpgs and casual games (the games they're lacking in).  Now look at Nintendo, how hard have you seen them going after the big developers to make big budget story driven games on their system?  Have you seen any real incentives from Nintendo to gain those kinds of developers (offering to advertise the game, etc) like Microsoft is for the ones they're lacking?

Waggle gimmicky gameplay ,minigames ,obsolete graphics ,mascot-centered marketing ,overexplotation of 2-3 charachters ........NOT !

Around the Network

Stereoscopic 3D. Make it happen.

i want HD and online, better graphics too, the wii is bad for gaming

Ari_Gold said:
i want HD and online, better graphics too, the wii is bad for gaming

some could say that, some will say they want motion controlled so 360 and ps3 are bad

seriously its a matter of opinion and i think having these companys here is pushing for more and better games.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

We will never have a VGC with 5GiB of ram... I bet 4GiB or 8GiB for next-gen, most likely 4GiB so they don't need to use a 64bit duct to address memory...
the VGC will be more stable and less hot, everyone saw that X360 could give a better profit if it was was a little less powerfull and more reliable... same think goes to PS3, if it was cheaper, it would sell more...

like in 20011 they will have processors more or less 8 times better than in 2006 (according to Moore's law) all VGC will support 1080p at 60Hz, I think all of then (or almost all of then) will use a solid state hard "disk" flash memory based, and will feature some point device (mouse or wiimote) by default...

www.cuidar.com.br

the technology aspects will increase... no doubt about that. assuming nintendo's next console will also sell for the $200-$300 range in 2011 or 2012, it will be more powerful than the ps3. and then in 2017 or 2018, for $200, the next one will be, what, like 15-50 (made up number, seems reasonable to me) times more powerful than the ps3. So they'll all be powerful in the next 2 generations; I think the focus will be on "HOW we play video games".

You Spoony Bard!