By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What direction you want console gaming to go?

Faxanadu said:
I want my next console to be able to print money

Now that would be cool.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
I want my next console to be able to print money

now you want a printer with your console? gah. just get a new pc.

You Spoony Bard!

well, no one seems to get a reference to the wii and a signature or something that has been around here.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

i thought the DS printed money.

1. Story driven games either improve drastically or cease to exist. I haven't enjoyed an RPG since I was a child.
2. More skill-based gaming. More multiplayer, deeper games. More chess please.
3. More interesting and appealing casual titles. Forever Blue is a good start.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
well, no one seems to get a reference to the wii and a signature or something that has been around here.

was there one with the Wii printing money?... i remember seeing a ds one a long time ago. @bodhesteva.... i agree, most games storylines are awful. and forever blue looks brilliant, i hope it comes here to the UK.... from what ive heard it reminds me of pilotwings in a way, 'cept underwater.

TWRoO said:
i thought the DS printed money.

Well, then I guess I have to get a second one...but that wouldnt leave me with anything to look forward to next gen.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

TWRoO said:
Faxanadu said:

was there one with the Wii printing money?

Yes, with both Iwata and Miyamoto holding it and both laughing hysterically. Was quite well done.

>>Do you think they should continue with this trend forever?

N has already abandoned this strategy ever since Iwata became the president. Wii2 won't be just another Wii with faster GPU/CPU. It's going to be radically different.

>>Do you think the continuation of focus on faster, more powerful consoles is good for the industry?

Cutting-edge game designs sometimes call for faster CPU/GPU. In this sense, it's good for developers and gamers who want new experience as well as for manufacturers who want to sell new hardware.

But at the same time, an excessive focus on visuals during game development often discourages innovations in game design. Because the production of high-quality graphics inflates production costs, it's been making game development risky business. Since companies want to minimize the probability of losing the gamble, they tend to rely more on sequels and conventional gameplay rather than trying out new things. There aren't many developers who can reliably achieve both innovative gameplay and stunning graphics at the same time.

On the player side, as far as core gamers in Japan go, a lot of them don't seem care all that much about realistic visuals. Some are quite tired of it like "oh yeah? 3D stunning beautiful awesome cinematic blah blah STFU. We don't play graphics". They'd rather have developers put their resources into inventing new gameplay, and indeed Nintendo heard them well.

No, it's not going to stop  'Til you wise up
No, it's not going to stop  So just ... give up
- Aimee Mann

3 FF's per generation would mean it would be FFXVI for wii wii

You Spoony Bard!