By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN: NASCAR Kart Racing Review 7.4

No reason to buy the game, but we can take solace in the fact that the unwashed masses will get a decent game from their uninformed purchase.

Around the Network
famousringo said:
ameratsu said:
famousringo said:
I'm not sure why anybody would buy/play this game unless they can't find Mario Kart.

clearly you don't appreciate NASCAR© the way some people do.

I don't even understand why NASCAR fans would buy this. Branding is the only thing it has in common with the sport.

Well, I'm going to assume you have no idea about how much crap you can buy with a nascar logo on it. Considering how much  of that stuff has no relevance whatsoever to nascar, a video game that actually involves driving is probably a step in the right direction.

incase you're curious

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

As soon as i saw cars shooting rockets i thought that it was almost as much of a MK ripoff as Diddy Kong racing was. At least Diddy Kong Racing had planes

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Well it's about time they started copying games other than party games.
I can't wait for EA Smash. The lineup will be Favre v Gretzkey v Griffey Jr v Kobe v Tiger lmao

i was pretty excited to hear about a nascar game coming to the wii. i have been a nascar fan for quite some time, and was looking forward to seeing what this title is all about... untill i saw the trailer. the only thing this game has in common with nascar is the logo on the front and big name drivers. 

this game looks as though it is nothing more then a mario kart clone with a big liscense that may sucker some true nascar fans into buying this crap because its got the liscense. for those that were hoping for less turtle shells and more true racing this is not it. nascar '09 blew it when there was no split screen option available. oh well, looks like my friends and i will have to continue to 'take turns' haha.

Around the Network

Nascar fans won't want it because it looks like Mario Kart and Mario Kart fans won't want it because it looks like Nascar.

I would be interested in the game if it was anything else than Nascar.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

HAHA! More shov... Decent? OMG! HELL HATH FROZEN OVER!!!!!!!!!

Well a decent Mario Kart clone anyway filled to the brim with advertising. Doesn't mean it won't bomb though.

Member #50 of the Sonic Support Squad! :P

nice... i've always hated mario kart, because it has no "real life" stuff in it, but this sounds like something i might actually get once it dips into the bargain bin!

the Wii is an epidemic.

Myviewing said:
Well a decent Mario Kart clone anyway filled to the brim with advertising. Doesn't mean it won't bomb though.

Bomb?  Far from it.  Nascar is going to be one of the top selling 3rd party games this quarter.

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Now to the hard part. Which to buy?

Nascar Kart Racing
or
Girlz Action Racing

The later sounds like it will be quite intense with the word ACTION in it, but the former is mike mini mii nascar guys (toooo cute). damn lifes difficult choices