By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN: NASCAR Kart Racing Review 7.4

Lingyis said:
nice... i've always hated mario kart, because it has no "real life" stuff in it, but this sounds like something i might actually get once it dips into the bargain bin!

How depressing

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

I don't understand what EA is trying to do with this game. While it's nice that they put some effort into it, it is still just a wannabe Mario Kart. It'd make sense if it was on 360 so 360 owners could have their own version of Mario Kart but on Wii everyone already has or would get the real deal instead.

This simply offers nothing to entice sales away from MK nor different enough to get it as well as MK. I expect to do to low numbers, but probably still turn a profit.

If EA wants to do a racer on Wii bring Burnout.   Make it a little more arcade than paradise and it'll see huge numbers on Wii.

Gamerace said:

I don't understand what EA is trying to do with this game. While it's nice that they put some effort into it, it is still just a wannabe Mario Kart. It'd make sense if it was on 360 so 360 owners could have their own version of Mario Kart but on Wii everyone already has or would get the real deal instead.

This simply offers nothing to entice sales away from MK nor different enough to get it as well as MK. I expect to do to low numbers, but probably still turn a profit.

If EA wants to do a racer on Wii bring Burnout.   Make it a little more arcade than paradise and it'll see huge numbers on Wii.

U honestly think this game would be more profitable on 360  O_o

They come out with the same type of shooters all the time, they still sell like crazy.  They come out with same minigame compilations all the time, still sell like crazy.  Who knows, maybe a 2nd kart game will sell well also.  It's been about a yr since mario kart, maybe ppl want some different tracks to play.

As for burnout, that could be a good idea if it had motion controls.  Also, not sure if the openworld / waste.of.time.to.get.where.u.want.to would fly on the Wii.  Same goes for the 10 second loading times in car select menu.