By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN: NASCAR Kart Racing Review 7.4

6.5 Presentation
It's hard to tell if the overabundance of advertisements is a satire of NASCAR itself, or simply contractual obligation. The game has decent single player progression but it ends anticlimatically.
6.5 Graphics
It looks like a widescreen GameCube game. But at least with the lack of detail comes full 60 frames per second for a great sense of speed.
6.5 Sound
Its like the Sims actors hit the audio booth and did their best Boomhauer for all the dialogue. Funny for about two seconds, then it's just silly.
7.5 Gameplay
NASCAR Kart Racing's blueprint is, essentially, Mario Kart. If you're going to copy, copy from the game that matters.
7.0 Lasting Appeal
Unlocking all the tracks and characters will take a solid amount of playtime, and once you've done that you've opened up additional game modes. Oh, and don't forget four player competition.
Decent
OVERALL
(out of 10 / no

http://wii.ign.com/articles/953/953032p1.html

Around the Network

all the hicks that mario kart drew to the kart genre from their cheesy commercials should pounce on this eh?

no mention of online?

I just watched the video and the game looks pretty good, and the score is pretty decent aswell, i hope it gets the sales it deserves.

the game does look fun

Griffin said:
I just watched the video and the game looks pretty good, and the score is pretty decent aswell, i hope it gets the sales it deserves.

i don't know why more people don't copy mario kart.  there was this burger king game that was fun as hell and way basically an exact mario kart rip off.

Around the Network

I expected much lower.. Anyway, I'm not getting it. I already have Mario Kart. :p

Pixel Art can be fun.

I'm not sure why anybody would buy/play this game unless they can't find Mario Kart.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
I'm not sure why anybody would buy/play this game unless they can't find Mario Kart.

clearly you don't appreciate NASCAR© the way some people do.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ameratsu said:
famousringo said:

clearly you don't appreciate NASCAR© the way some people do.

I don't even understand why NASCAR fans would buy this. Branding is the only thing it has in common with the sport.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I want a muppet kart racing sequel!