By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Windows 7 will only run 3 applications at once

This OP is so wrong, it's just comical. This is like saying the 360 comes with no HDD...wtf?

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Around the Network

win7- starter - netbooks/emerging markets
win7- basic- emerging markets only
win7 home premium- what all retailers will sell
win7 ultimate-upgrade to premium- self only or custom builder activated

win7 prof- main business version
win7 enterprise- volume license

99% of non netbook, nonemerging market windows 7-nonbusiness- machines are going to come with home premium- the other 1% will be ultimate

The OP seems to be missing out on the fact that you can't even purchase Windows 7 Starter at retail.

Let's see, only anti-virus is one of the apps that doesn't count? So, if you have have a firewall up, and anti-spyware, all you can do is surf the net, or do another application?

@ lenaro and deviation - I've already addressed your points in this thread multiple times and do not feel like going over the again

@ heruamon - that comparison is hardly apt.
The lack of harddrive has a valid reason that advantages the consumer - it makes a 360 cheaper to manufacture.
The lack of support for 4 apps in fact makes the software slightly more expensive to make - because you have to pay for programmers to add in some lines of code to provide this limit

A harddrive is not needed for 99% of games
The use of 4 applications at once will be needed by the majority of users

The average 360 owner knows a bit more about what they are buying than the average Windows owner

So, would you like to point out any reasons why your comparison is accurate?

Around the Network

I think this will be fine in this thread too,

"Draconian DRM Revealed In Windows 7"

http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/02/16/2259257

"With regard to media files, the days of capturing an audio program on your PC seem to be over (if the program originated on that PC). The inputs of your sound card are severely degraded in software if the card is also playing an audio program (tested here with Grooveshark)."

IDIOTS! Open your tast manager... do you see your AV in your apps list NO! That's because it's not an app it's a f'n service... that's why you don't have to conferm it's start every f'n time your start Vista. *reaches into internet and chokes people*

Boy do I feel out of the loop... this is the first time EVER that I've heard of this "Windows 7" you guys are talking about! I guess Vista really does suck the big one for Microsoft to be readying the next version of Windows for release so soon... I'm still with XP Pro!

Also, just out of curiosity, how is this next version of Windows considered the 7th main release in the series when the last numbered version of Windows (as far as I know) was v3.1, and since then we've had...

Windows '95 (4th)
Windows '98 (5th)
Windows ME/2000 (6th)
Windows XP (7th)
Windows Vista (8th)
Windows 7 (9th???)

... so how does the new version end up being Windows 7? Or am I just missing something?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

@ nightdragon

Good question about the name

*several minutes of fascinated clicking later*

I believe 3.0/3.1 are counted as the first version, because Windows 1 and 2 are not so much operating systems as GUI add ons for MS-DOS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_1.0

@scottie

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, I see... yeah that does clear things up a bit, I was just finding it hard to believe that this was only the "7th" Windows release, thats all.

Thanx "scottie"... looks like you DO know after all!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.