By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will Killzone2 fall at the hand of fanboyism?

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

Around the Network

thanks for putting the spaces in :) i tried bt it didnt work.

@makingmusic... i iz still waiting for thursday night r2 membership from you guys :p

for future reference. line break works for the quick replies ( box on bottom)

when you quote someone you have to a couple of times (without spaces)

Zomb1337 said:
peshkavus said:
nothing will satisfy fanboys untill they try to enjoy the other console

I played the PS3 many times and even played the Killzone 2 Demo & Full version of Little Big Planet, and I still dont want a PS3.

That is because the 360 and PS3 are so alike, there is almost no point in having both unless you have a lot of time on your hands.

Hmm, im glad the comparisons have died down. It was really annoying for a while there...

In a way the current Meta score is perfect for the fanboyish conditions here. The score is lower but similar to Gears 2. So that means the response to any shenanigans from either side can be pretty swift and powerful and that should keep the peace really.

Tease.

Around the Network

@squilliam you're right. why cant people just accept games for what they are! however, fanboyism does have its humorous side. they do come out with epic comments :p

Nobody is calling it a Halo killer any more. To be frank, most PS3 fans couldn't care less about Halo. Nobody is calling it a Gears of War killer, either.

I would have been disappointed if it was worse than Halo 3, but it'll never reach 9 million sales. It's definitely on par with Gears in terms of quality, but again, will likely not get the sales. It has a shot at Gears 1 sales, but it's not a certainty or even likely, really.

In case anybody thought I didn't like KZ2 from that post, look at my avatar...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

A few questions here.... why does the ps3 need a "savior"??? why is every FPS game on ps3 must be compared to HALO??? finally why is every one so obsessed about the sales??? company's sending your pay checks?

XxXProphecyXxX said:
A few questions here.... why does the ps3 need a "savior"??? why is every FPS game on ps3 must be compared to HALO??? finally why is every one so obsessed about the sales??? company's sending your pay checks?

Last time I checked, we were on a sales website.

No game ever dies at the hand of fanboyism.

The games with the most hate are generally the ones with the most love (MGS4, KZ2, LBP, etc.)

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I know this is a sales site but I've been to some of the KZ2 treads and I read some of the most crazyiest comments ever they actually implythat KZ2 needs sell 5m+ in first day for it to be a good game and for them to aknowledge it and some just goes wild making predictions like "KZ2 WILL SELL 3 ZILLION COPIES"...I mean cmon thats just obsession right there.