By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will Killzone2 fall at the hand of fanboyism?

Please use:

I even gave you the Mirrors Edge View of the key.

When I post on my PS3 it's doesn't do that?

Topic:

Every console exclusive game comes with criticism, or excuses why a game is that great..

BUT...

It comes as backlash from the hype.

The more the game is hyped, the more criticism it gets.

@ Controls Part:

You can not adjust the unresponvie/lag type aiming... only the final product will fix it... I hope..

Heck even a patch.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

i dont have a kebourd, how do i press enter?

:s

omg it worked!

ok, it doesnt with long posts :s

Your post would be much easier to read if you would separate the paragraphs.. as it is now, it hurts my eyes.

Around the Network

do you know what an enter key is?

Fei-Hung said:

Not long to go for the moment of truth arrives. Ps3 fanboys await the so called HALO KILLER whilst the 360 fanboys await its failure. Since 2005 fanboys on eitherside have made KZ2 to be more then it and less than it deserves to be:

Pro KZ2:

1) Branding it a halo killer is like shooting yourself in the foot. Not only is it difficult to reach such sw sale no's, but you have to have the media behind you as much as loyal supporters who will buy a new copy.

2) Making the game sound like more than it is- granted there is no fps on a console that produces the atmosphere and chaos like kz2, but why go comparing it to the greatest ip on the 360 which is a tps? Two million 1st day sales is a mammoth of a task, it seems like sony fanboys love to set the bar higher then they can reach!

3) It proves the ps3 is more powerful than the 360- no! Why would you make such a statement knowing the likelihood of it blowing up on your own face? what kz2 does prove is that it is capable of stepping upto those who claimed it has impossible to work on the ps3 and get a good result from it. By creating KZ2, they have made a unique looking fps on a console which blends cinematic set pieces with gameplay to create atmosphere that puts you in what i believe is the best war based fps. The demo was as epic in achieving this feeling as watching the opening to saving private ryan.

anti kz2:

1) Excuses! Yes, you read it right, EXCUSES to downgrade the game at every turn. lets have look at the history of excuses:      

a) Those graphics are or anything close to it is not possible thus the is bs from gg and sony- gg delivers and then the excuses branch off to...

b) It took 4 years to make, anyone could have done with the budget and time... yes but anyone didnt and it was you who said the game would not be possible!

c) Graphics are good but created using tricks- errrr who cares how aslong as they deliver. Did anyone complain when they used copy and paste in lotr, when they used the dark in pitch black to save time, money and extra work?

2) Fair enough the graphics are good but the a.i will be crap- now that the a.i lives upto expectations and for some even surpasses, there is another excuse....

3) The controls are horrible- are they? how can you complain about the controls, if like myself you can change to the preferred cod or r2 controls?

4) The character feels heavy and slow- does he? Not used the run button yet? So you complain about most fps being run and gun, yet when a game offers a brilliant blend of tactical realistic warfare with a fusion of fiction, we cry it feels slow! how many soldiers run around crazy in life? The saddest part is, the majority of those who complain about this enjoy the slow and sluggish action of re5!

Will the rants and pants from fanboys from eitherside stop kz2 from being as successful as could or should be? Have sony dug their own grave? I for one loved every moment in KillZone 2. If it can be done the 360, i cant wait for ms to release their i.p. if it is anything like KillZone 2, it will be worth my money.

Thar you go.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

I think the whole "Halo Killer" business has to stop. I don't care if GG used it way back when in reference to the original Killzone. Not sure anyone who uses it now, outside of stupid videogame media, and an occasional out of balance Sony fanybou, and Microsoft fanboys who say it as a taunt.

In other words, no one of any value uses the term "Halo Killer". Last "Halo Killer" was Haze, according to Game Informer, who stuck a question next to it.

By the way, I think people may be overestimating the power of Internet fanboydom and its impact on sales, pro or con.

Copied nightstrike's changes into the OP.

I agree with just about all of it, except you can't entirely change the controls. That being said, I like the controls the way they are. They may have took a bit of getting used to, but after that everything was great.

richardhutnik said:
I think the whole "Halo Killer" business has to stop. I don't care if GG used it way back when in reference to the original Killzone. Not sure anyone who uses it now, outside of stupid videogame media, and an occasional out of balance Sony fanybou, and Microsoft fanboys who say it as a taunt.

In other words, no one of any value uses the term "Halo Killer". Last "Halo Killer" was Haze, according to Game Informer, who stuck a question next to it.

By the way, I think people may be overestimating the power of Internet fanboydom and its impact on sales, pro or con.

They never did.  It stemmed from the media hyping some rumored game from inside Sony that wa, according to some, supposed to "kill Halo".  Killzone (originally called Kin) was announced, and the moniker stuck.