By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Where is all the KZ2 hype?

on the smile of every baby's face

Around the Network

Everyone who was hyping the game up is off playing the demo constantly. That is all.

Zomb1337 said:
Besides gaming websites, I hear NO Killzone 2 hype AT ALL, no ads what so ever, and it seems Sony is fucking themselves yet again but not advertising a lot for their big games.

They'll get you ads rolling in time, not.. 16 days away from release in Europe and 19 in NA.

I agree I have been trying to tell people AGAIN & AGAIN Killzone 2 doesn't have much hype in the real world....not many people know about it yet they judge its sales based on internet hype.

I mean in the kz2 1st week sales prediction thread 90% of the people have it higher than COD:WAW debut.....COD:WAW which was the sequel to COD4 & came out in the holiday season

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Kinda of Ironic to see a thread asking where the hype is, when the last few weeks there was tons of threads hyping it and people asking fans to stop hyping it soo much.

Around the Network
Xen said:
Zomb1337 said:
Besides gaming websites, I hear NO Killzone 2 hype AT ALL, no ads what so ever, and it seems Sony is fucking themselves yet again but not advertising a lot for their big games.

They'll get you ads rolling in time, not.. 16 days away from release in Europe and 19 in NA.

But KZ2 doesnt have the luxury of a big franchise so if sony wants it to be a big game they must start advertising now or else it will just be looked at as another shooter like area 51 to the public.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Blood_Tears said:
Kinda of Ironic to see a thread asking where the hype is, when the last few weeks there was tons of threads hyping it and people asking fans to stop hyping it soo much.

Again game hype isnt just on the interwebz

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Hoping not to sound like a fanboy, but I didn't like the Edge review because it didn't talk much about the gameplay but instead focused a lot of the review on the single player mode (which I assume will take a fraction of a user's playtime).

I agree with the hype fuel being burnt out ... and to be honest, I'm kind of glad that we can have a breather from all the hype that's been going on.

I do hope that Sony pulls out some ad space in NA and not just EU.

people are waiting for the ad campaign now which hits during this week.

Man I can't wait for this game.I haven't played and enjoyed a demo this much in my life.

The demo is great. I have played it 20+ times. I am not sure what websites "the j man" goes to, but there has been a backlash on VGC about too much Killzone hype.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.