By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Germany : 1 million PS3 / 5,8 Million PS 2 sold

why are people go crazy and saying this and that. cant we just say good on ps3 for getting a million instead of arguing about the numbers? if vgchartz has it on 850k then just fix it.

Around the Network

Now vgchartz sales are higher then the shipped amount lol.

Aj_habfan said:

Austria+Switzerland?

I know Nintendo count them together for the Nintendo Channel, so ioi might do so too like he does with Spain+Portugal (though Nintendo Channel doesn't combine these two)

TWRoO said:
Aj_habfan said:

Austria+Switzerland?

I know Nintendo count them together for the Nintendo Channel, so ioi might do so too like he does with Spain+Portugal (though Nintendo Channel doesn't combine these two)

Are those countries really that insignificant?

Aj_habfan said:
TWRoO said:
Aj_habfan said:

Austria+Switzerland?

Dunno, asking BKK is your best bet.

I was really just thinking out aloud.... I haven't read the link/article BKK posted, for all I know it might refer to the end of December, which VGC pegs at 977k for PS3 Germany.... which is a feasable number.

If it is not for end of December, then perhaps ioi does include Aus/Switz and it roughly equates to: 950k Germany and about 40k each for Austria and Switzerland.... that does still seem a bit low though

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
TWRoO said:
Aj_habfan said:

Austria+Switzerland?

I would say that they can sell 50-100k PS3s.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

nice go psTRIPPLE

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

it says 2 months ahead of projection. which was end of fiscal year. which i believe end of march. so this happened about 2 weeks ago.

PS3 was 160k through 2008 in Switzerland according to SIEA and GfK. Haven't seen Austrian numbers for a while, but they were a bit lower than Switzerland, so probably in the region of 100k in Austria. The two countries sold 1m consoles and 9m games between them last year, so they do have a slight significance.

I don't think Austria and Switzerland are included anyway, as along with Benelux they make up the bulk of "Other Europe" sales. It would probably make sense to include them with Germany though, and add one for Benelux. Then throw in Ireland with UK and just rename "Other Europe" as Eastern Europe. Something like:

UK & Ireland
Germany, Switzerland, & Austria (Is there a collective word for these countries?)
France
Iberia
Italy
Benelux
Scandinavia
Eastern Europe
Australia & New Zealand
Rest of the World

It would be a bit clearer at least.