By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit will surpass Halo sales if...

whorenraged said:
puffy said:
I think amp is missing the point of the hype though..

KZ2, GoW3, GT5 all hyped to be the BEST games in existance correct?

The Conduit is hyped because of the severe lack of the genre on Wii. People are excited about a game that is going to get the controls right, not going to be another third party crap fest with sub gamecube graphics.

HVS is putting a lot of effort into this game and they have answered a lot of the fans calls for inclusions. It's the fact that they care and they themselves are Wii fans that want a game like this to play that makes people excited and hyped up.

----> TIFC

What exactly does the word "corret" mean? 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
amp316 said:
whorenraged said:
puffy said:
I think amp is missing the point of the hype though..

KZ2, GoW3, GT5 all hyped to be the BEST games in existance correct?

The Conduit is hyped because of the severe lack of the genre on Wii. People are excited about a game that is going to get the controls right, not going to be another third party crap fest with sub gamecube graphics.

HVS is putting a lot of effort into this game and they have answered a lot of the fans calls for inclusions. It's the fact that they care and they themselves are Wii fans that want a game like this to play that makes people excited and hyped up.

----> TIFC

What exactly does the word "corret" mean?

Means that I am smartass enough to make a gif in less than 1 minute but I can't spell corret corretly!

lol it wont happen but it's a funny idea. If they bundled the conduit with the Wii console it would destroy Halo 3 sales.

Cheebee said:
Yeah well, that boxart says Wii Sports is still included as well. So let's see, Wii is the best selling console around the world, with 1 pack-in game. Adding a second one, while still being only 269 bucks, hell, no I guess it would stop selling then. You know, people would be totally turned off by another free game. :/

But this is a moot point. Most people don't even considered bundled games to truely outsell others. They ship more copies, but it doesn't mean anywhere near as much. Wii Sports is well known, because there's 40m copies of it floating around and it's a good, solid, fun game. But does it have anywhere near the clout of the Halo brand? Hardly. The idea of bundling the conduit, essentially selling it for <$20, as an add-in with a hot selling item is obviously a key to success. But Nintendo wouldn't sacrifice it's console's profits to sell it, so the publisher would have to agree to essentially agree to get probably around $5 a unit for it to pay off for nintendo - and at that point, they would NEED to beat Halo's sales just to break even.

So yes, if they choose to pretty much give the game away, it can *possibly* outsell Halo. And as for it not selling - they aren't going to replace the $250 system with Wii Sports. No way, no how. They may add this bundle, but messing with something that's working so well is not happening. So it'd sell to people who also wanted to nab a copy of the conduit for an extra $20. (And someone still looking into getting a new console, who wants an FPS game, is more likely to get a 360 IMO. Heck, $269 gets you an Arcade and Halo 3. Can't see too many FPS fans imagining the conduit being better.

Halo when released had a huge advertisement campaign and was the big thing MS had. This game is a third party game and Sega will not put that much money on it as MS did on Halo. But who cares as long as it sells over 1m they will make profit. But it will certainly do better than that.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

nice box art, did u make that urslf whorenraged?

Improvements are caused by people who complain

**Slash** said:
nice box art, did u make that urslf whorenraged?

LOL yeah and that's not that hard... Nothing speacial about it. But thanks =)

REd Steel sold over 1m, Metroid 3 1.5m, CoDWaW is easily going to sell over 1m.

So The Conduit will easily sell more than 1m unless it suddenly gets some real competition on the FPS side of things.

As for outselling Halo... I don't think so, not unless every Wii sold came with it (as well as Wii Sports). If it was an optional bundle that'd definately add another 2-5m in sales but that's still no where close to Halo's ever growing total. Halo is more than a game, it's a phenominom. Like Wii Fit.

maybe if the word resort was added in somewhere .....

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Someone should make a thread called:

"The Conduit v.s. Killzone 2: The war to Soriku's post count in threads"

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D