By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit will surpass Halo sales if...

whorenraged said:
amp316 said:
whorenraged said:
amp316 said:
Yes. The Conduit will outsell Halo in that place known as Bizarro World.

-------> RTFOP

I did. If there was a Wii bundled with the Conduit with that scary looking cover for $20 more, it still couldn't outsell Halo. I'm pretty sure that the majority of people buying the Wii would buy the normal bundle since it's cheaper. No one's even played the Conduit yet. What if it's a bad game? Would you expect those bundles to fly off the shelves then? Why are so many people puting faith in a game being made by High Voltage? I just hope that it's a fun game. The hype train is going to kill this one.

You mean this?

CRAP

Hype is Halo 3 called brilliant months in advance. GoW3 hyped not even before the 2nd game is released. KZ2 is STILL 3 weeks away. God of War 3 over a year untill its released and its at the top of hype lists. FF13, same deal.

Hype is so ridiculous on PS360 titles, both from fanboys and marketing campaigns by journalists, that no Wii titles have the slightest of chance to compete.   Ill give you this, Nintendo does not hype, they don't need to so that fact certainly influences overall Wii perception but i still stand by the obvious evidence.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
amp316 said:
^^ ^^

Yes. I believe that's it.

Well I believe this:

I think amp is missing the point of the hype though..

KZ2, GoW3, GT5 all hyped to be the BEST games in existance correct?

The Conduit is hyped because of the severe lack of the genre on Wii. People are excited about a game that is going to get the controls right, not going to be another third party crap fest with sub gamecube graphics.

HVS is putting a lot of effort into this game and they have answered a lot of the fans calls for inclusions. It's the fact that they care and they themselves are Wii fans that want a game like this to play that makes people excited and hyped up.

puffy said:
I think amp is missing the point of the hype though..

KZ2, GoW3, GT5 all hyped to be the BEST games in existance correct?

The Conduit is hyped because of the severe lack of the genre on Wii. People are excited about a game that is going to get the controls right, not going to be another third party crap fest with sub gamecube graphics.

HVS is putting a lot of effort into this game and they have answered a lot of the fans calls for inclusions. It's the fact that they care and they themselves are Wii fans that want a game like this to play that makes people excited and hyped up.

----> TIFC

Pretty good opportunity to release a black Wii on an unsuspecting public too. The dark game would compliment the black console.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Pretty good opportunity to release a black Wii on an unsuspecting public too. The dark game would compliment the black console.

This

no FPS will outsell Halo this gen without local multiplayer....

If conduit is bundled it could well go to 4M.... i don't see it selling tons though....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Yeah well, that boxart says Wii Sports is still included as well. So let's see, Wii is the best selling console around the world, with 1 pack-in game. Adding a second one, while still being only 269 bucks, hell, no I guess it would stop selling then. You know, people would be totally turned off by another free game. :/

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I dont think the conduit will sell 1 million...in fact nowhere near, unless its bundled

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

I am a Wii60 owner, and I am excited for the Conduit. I will be picking up the title when released. That aside, there is NO WAY the Conduit will outsell Halo 3. I posted this in another article with the same title type.

When a game as awesome as Metroid Prime has only 1.4 mil in sales, there is no way that the Conduit will top 10 mil, even if bundled. The majority of the Wii's fan-base are not looking at the Conduit, they are clamoring for the next Carnival Games, Wii Sport type, Mario titles ect. The Conduit will have decent sales considering the consoles user base. It will not come close to Halo 3's sales (IMO).