By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit will surpass Halo sales if...

whorenraged said:
Squilliam said:
Errr what are you smoking? Are you comparing the 9,000,000 sales of Halo 3 to some lil' insy developer that noone really cared about until they were seen to be pouring a lil' can of water on a drought in the Wii's game library?

Who knew bungie before halo?

I did.

Bungie did some kick ass PC games before developing Halo.

Stuff like Myth 1 and 2.

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
puffy said:
Here's how the meeting would go..

Sega: So we would like to talk about having an official Wii/The Conduit bundle for the games launch in early June

Nintendo: OK so what do you propose?

Sega: Basic Wii with The Conduit as a pack in title along with Wii Sports

Nintendo: OK so then your game would be getting a free ride and have to deal with little to no retail margins. Also as the Wii's sales are determined by supply, all of your games will be sold and you won't even need a marketing campaign to sell them. People would be confused as to why this game has joined Wii Sports as a pack in title.

Sega: The first thing is that we'll be pushing this game heavily from a marketing and retail standpoint. Secondly as we are aware that all of our stock will sell and that it won't have to deal with retail margins, we would like to price the bundle less than the Wii's $250 + The Conduit's $50 and increase the profit margins in your favour. We feel this would be a win-win situation.

Nintendo: So say we make a deal for 1 million Wii/Conduit bundles.. Each priced at $279.. That would mean that at the retail margins of 5% they would be taking $14 instead of $12.50 so you'd cover that plus increase our profits?

Sega: If we priced the bundle at $279 then from the extra $30 - We were looking at giving you an extra $5 so it would cover the $1.50 decrease and it would increase your profit for each Wii sold by $3.50. Multiply that by 1 million and this bundle would be profiting you an EXTRA $3.5 Million. Sega will then match that with advertising specifically for the bundle.

Now it sounds awesome and the way I've written it has Sega very aggresive in their argument - It also means that 1 million sales will come from people that don't own the Wii and that is increasing their sales even more as most sales will probably come from people who own the Wii already. I was attempting to disprove this but in the end I made it seem like a possibility :P

Dude... Its so not likely going to happen! Does a Guitar Hero IV official bundle exist? Because if it doesn't then you may as well kiss this idea goodbye completely and if it does exist im still 95% sure its not going to happen in spite of that fact.

Tease.

Ail said:
whorenraged said:
Squilliam said:
Errr what are you smoking? Are you comparing the 9,000,000 sales of Halo 3 to some lil' insy developer that noone really cared about until they were seen to be pouring a lil' can of water on a drought in the Wii's game library?

I did.

Stuff like Myth 1 and 2.

If Myth's ae kick ass games then we can say that Ben10 is a kickass game form HVS before they get into the Conduit.

Yes. The Conduit will outsell Halo in that place known as Bizarro World.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I agree with you squil, Sega would want more profits than that conversation would give

GH is a completely different beast though, Activision KNOWS it'll sell well and wouldn't want to give up profit because they know that they don't need a bundles help. So that was a bad example.

Around the Network
amp316 said:
Yes. The Conduit will outsell Halo in that place known as Bizarro World.

------->    RTFOP

whorenraged said:
Squilliam said:

marathon and myth.... keep up dude they were bad aaassss games 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

edit: DP damn this is getting annoying since the start of the year its been happening far more frequently 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

whorenraged said:
Ail said:
whorenraged said:
Squilliam said:

I did.

Stuff like Myth 1 and 2.

If Myth's ae kick ass games then we can say that Ben10 is a kickass game form HVS before they get into the Conduit.

Myth 2 has 86.8% rating for the PC version.

Ben10 has 51.8%....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

wow thats an awesome idea, but i doubt nintendo would bundle this game