By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is The Last Remnant that bad of a game?

I just checked out some gameplay videos and the graphics look outstanding//battle system looks like a keeper//the story looks interesting. Just wondering if I should cough up the money for this game//I'm not buying it at the price tag of $60//but I do want the game once it hits $30 or $20//

Isn't there suppose to be a PS3 version of the game?

Around the Network

Yes, a PS3 version is in the works. Also, it's not a bad game, just a horribly mediocre one.

PS3 Trophies

But I am a game collector//so I would love to have this game in my library//only at a cheap price tag however//lol//but thanks I might get the PS3 version if the Xbox 360 version is still priced high!

A lot of technical issues in this one - try it before you buy it.

The game is only 40$ just like IU.

If I were interested, I would buy it no matter what the reviews say for that price.

Around the Network

i love the game but im one fo the few apparently.
If you like ogre battle 64 type games then its great.

alot of technical issues but if you dont care that much like me then its a good game.

ive put alot of time into it

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

It's a pretty good game that got racked with bad reviews thanks to the technical problems.

I have not beat it yet, thanks to my massive backlog. However, I just entered the 2nd disk, and disc 1 was pretty darn good.

Is it the best 360 RPG? No. But it's better than a few (Eternal Sonata, IU, EM, PSU).

The battle system is fantastic, and a breath of fresh air. Visuals are very good.

Story is OK. The problem is that the technical issues: frame rate drops, loading times, and texture pop-in murder the game's good visuals and gameplay.

If you are interested in the game, I HIGHLY suggest installing it on your HDD. It makes a massive difference. Load times (and there's a lot of loading) drop by 60-75%, frame rate drops are almost non-existent, and texture pop-in is reduced significantly.

I'd give the game a 7.9 overall between an NXE score and a non-NXE score. It's not as good as Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey or Tales of Vesperia, but the best SRPG the 360 offers.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Whoa

Stickball, did you just say this game is better than Eternal Sonata?

Eternal Sonata is woefully average and the second worst RPG i've played this gen, (not saying alot since I tend to not purchase really bad games) not difficult to beat really.

No, just buggy.