By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is The Last Remnant that bad of a game?

shak - The battle system has some similarities. I'd look into some gameplay videos. But IMO, having owned OB64, I'd say there are a decent bit of similarities. If your a fan of OB64, it's worth a rent, at least.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Well the thing that keeps getting brought up is the technical issues. I can fight around those//I will enjoy this game//I'm so hooked on the battle system for some reason I feel like buying it this Thursday and leave Blue Dragon on the shelf//lol

I haven't touched that game in weeks//I want to buy another RPG//so it might turn out being The Last Remnant or Infinite Undiscovery they both have cheap price tags.

After the bad taste of IU I am going to wait how the PS3 version is going to be.

@Lostplanet22

Well I hope they announce the release date for the PS3 version soon//cause I'm itching to buy the 360 version.

Just get IU ^^' When you finished that game you still can decide to wait or not for the PS3 version :).

Around the Network

Ok//so why should I ignore it and I know I can fight around the technical issues//I really do want this game//I will probably wait till the price reduces for this one then considering its not worth the $50 or so dollars.

The review are not really good but it seems to be the way to do with all the RPG. I think this deserve better score...

I hope its not a bad game. Its the next RPG that I will be playing right after I finish the crappy ToV.

mrstickball said:
Pristine20 said:
Didn't last remnant use the unreal engine? How can the same engine that produced the gears series on 360 and is often held in high regard in terms of 360 development produce so many bugs? I can only imagine how buggy the ps3 version would be if it releases while I'm still alive lol.

Yes, TLR uses UE3.

I did a bit of research, and backtracking with licensees of the Unreal Engine. What it boils down to is that A LOT of studios use UE3 once, and rarely ever again. Most developer's first UE3 game has been pretty shoddy in terms of what it did from a technical standpoint: Lost Odyssey, The Last Remnant, Mass Effect, are all UE3 games...And the first time it was used to create a game by that studio. Lost Odyssey is the best of the lot, but still quite a ways away from the better UE3 games.

On the other end, you have Gears of War (Epic) and Bioshock (2k Marin/Austrailia) which were technically brilliant...Both studios have had multiple titles developed on the UE platform...Obviously, Epic made UE3 which gives them an even bigger edge.

I guess at the end of the day, it's better to use your own in-house engine  in most cases. Or maybe the "laziness" that led most developers to "borrow" engines leaked into the final product.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

bonkers555 said:
I hope its not a bad game. Its the next RPG that I will be playing right after I finish the crappy ToV.

Is Tales of Vesperia that bad of a game//lol