By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - which games this generation will be considered classics in the future?

MGS4, Fallout 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Halo 3, LittleBigPlanet.

Around the Network
Jackson50 said:
I believe Portal will be considered a classic.

Portal, how could I forget portal. That will definately be one for the history books.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Wii sports

wii sports
wii fit

err... what else...
Brain age
Nintendogs (just cause of the amount it sold...)
Gears of War (for third person shooters)
Probably FFXIII for the wait it incured and the quality it'll hopefully bring....
I guess call of duty as it was a fenomenon (though i didn't even play that...)

these are the only ones I can think of,
any other game is really just improvement on their own predecessors but they won't mean anything once new games improve upon them.... sure you'll remember other games but they are not gonna be widespread classics.
like SMB is a classic, SMB lost levels is less so... (SMB3 brings the costumes... which radically changes the gameplay so i'd say it's a classic too)
Games

If you just meant just good games then yeah... take your top 10 of each console and that'll be about right.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda Wii, Wii Sports, MGS4, LBP.

Around the Network

Little Big Planet.

Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Fallout 3, Portal, probably GTAIV (At least in America. Any halfway decent crime story becomes classic in America, and GTAIV was lauded for its story by the mainstream media), Super Mario Galaxy. Cult classics will include BioShock, No More Heroes, and LittleBigPlanet

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

LBP, MGS4, Uncharted, Valkyria Chronicles, Fallout 3

Metal Gear Solid 4, Super Mario Galaxy, GTA4 (unfortunately) and BioShock would be obvious ones.
Valkyria Chronicles, LittleBigPlanet, Fallout 3, Burnout Paradise, Braid, Left 4 Dead, Call of Duty 4 and Gears of War are all games I think will be remembered, maybe not on the highest level of classics, but still up high.

For future releases, I think games like Killzone 2, Flower, Heavy Rain, Resident Evil 5, Street Fighter IV, MadWorld, Final Fantasy XIII (+ Versus), God of War III, Gran Turismo 5 and many more will be considered classics in some way.

EDIT: Doh, of course, Portal!

COD4 , HALO3 , GOW1 + GOW2 , MASS EFFECT, LOST ODYSSEY, MGS4, GTAIV