By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What is so special about Killzone 2?

Sharky54 said:
pbroy said:
outlawauron said:
It's speacial because it's really well made, has pretty graphics, and is a lot of fun.

What else do you need? (outside of playing the actual product)

@ pbroy

You give Halo and Gears far too much credit with that comparison.

Where in my post did I praise Halo and Gears? Personally, Halo bores me and Gears gets old after a while. I'de rather play Too Human. That comparison was comparing the exposure of the FPS genre to each console.

All I was saying is that most of the FPS games on PS2 were craptastic and Killzone 2 is a killer app that Playstation fans aren't used to and will appreciate more than people who have been playing FPS games since last gen.

My friend has been playing shooters since last gen. And he loves the Killzone 2 Demo, He loves his Halo, but he thinks this will be a better game. We don't love it because its great and PS3 only, we love it because it does look like fun.

Your friend isn't the type of gamer that I was describing in my first post.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

All I was saying is that most of the FPS games on PS2 were craptastic and Killzone 2 is a killer app that Playstation fans aren't used to and will appreciate more than people who have been playing FPS games since last gen.

He likes it as much as me.You list two types of people there. 1. The PS2 crowd, and 2. the people who either had only Xbox or also Xbox.

My friend is number 2. Considering he is as pumped as me and enjoys the demo as much as me(im a number 1 mind you) I think you are wrong.

BTW do you have a PS3?

CGI-Quality said:
@ cheese_man

Sums up my thoughts exactly, especially when there's word that this demo might not even be based off of the final build. Regardless, this game has MEGA good press, it should do well at retail, but beyond that, satisfy the Sony Playstation crowd - which was it's purpose all along.

If you guys still dont' understand what I was getting at, read what CGI said. Pretty much the same thing.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

angrypoolman said:
it really isn't anything special.. id much rather play the conduit.

You'd much rather play a game that isn't accessible to anyone who isn't a developer....over a game whose demo you could play right now? An unproven game also? That's like saying "I'd rather play Dark Void than Halo" even though we know Halo is good....but know nothing of DV

That's not what you said. Basically you said its a good shooter, just not on par to what the 360 has. You may not have worded it as such. But it is fairly easy to see.

Oh, we had Socom 1 and 2 last gen. Those IMO were the best shooters of the gen. And we have shooters that are as good as Halo and gears already. Haze IMO was underrated, I had a lot of fun with the online. And Uncharted I hear is a great game. So you cant say that playstation owners arent used to good shooters.

Around the Network
pbroy said:
outlawauron said:
It's speacial because it's really well made, has pretty graphics, and is a lot of fun.

What else do you need? (outside of playing the actual product)

@ pbroy

You give Halo and Gears far too much credit with that comparison.

Where in my post did I praise Halo and Gears? Personally, Halo bores me and Gears gets old after a while. I'de rather play Too Human. That comparison was comparing the exposure of the FPS genre to each console.

You did with the first post in your thread.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

It was good AI, but you don't expect fantastic AI on normal difficulties. Some reviews did comment on this saying that their moves were also similar to higher levels, but they just stand around before they do them so that you have a chance to shoot them and the more complicated AI is not going to be in the first or second level

As for explosive barrels, they just look so dam good that they can put them anywhere the want and I'll be happy

For variety, it is a 10 minute level, what do you expect, it is a short demo, and of course the grunts are quite cool, though I think some reviews did mention the slight lack of variety

I think the cover system does add another element. It makes the game feel more tactical, and I am sick of lying on the floor in Call of Duty WaW, this is a much better way to peek out and kill people, though I think the controls for that could be tad better

No, what he is claiming is that the PS2 had no good shooters. And that up till now the PS3 has had no good shooters. Go back and reread his post. He is wording it in such a way that makes me feel like he thinks this is the first real shooter.

Sharky54 said:

He likes it as much as me.You list two types of people there. 1. The PS2 crowd, and 2. the people who either had only Xbox or also Xbox.

My friend is number 2. Considering he is as pumped as me and enjoys the demo as much as me(im a number 1 mind you) I think you are wrong.

BTW do you have a PS3?

Yes, Valkyria Chronicles is the best PS3 game ever made.

PSN: pbroy

http://www.vgchartz.com/profiles/mygames.php?id=10140

Welcome to VGChartz. Since your new here, not everyone on here is serious when they make posts. My first post had a touch of sarcasm towards playstation fans who want KZ2 to be soooo good. ~_n

Then again, FPS is kind of a boring genre for me. Halo boring, Resistance boring...

Now if you want my honest opinion on KZ2. I actually think it'll be better than any Halo game. I like the art style better.

I love Sega.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Sharky54 said:
No, what he is claiming is that the PS2 had no good shooters. And that up till now the PS3 has had no good shooters. Go back and reread his post. He is wording it in such a way that makes me feel like he thinks this is the first real shooter.

Well, that claim is even more ridicolous.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.