By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What is so special about Killzone 2?

lol i knew it everyday there will be a demo killzone 2 thread.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

i've said it all along. killzone 2 is just a generic shooter that looks good.

Yes, lets all judge the game based on a five minute demo. No multiplayer, no bosses, no set pieces, no cutscenes and three guns. Nice representation there.

CGI-Quality said:

@ skeeuk
Yup, it's what I saw happening days ago.

its just all along they just said killzone sucks killzone sucks.............and no matter how game turns out they will like a robot still repeat the words killzone sucks killzone sucks lol

@okey thats correct, there judging from a demo that only takes 5 mins to finish, overwhelming majority of reviews have pointed to this being a good game, but its apparant that some wait for the bottom of pile neg reviews to make thier mind up. <------------ which is rather strange.

@OP will you just give it up

"I've read they are clever but they just seem like more cannon fodder most of the time.  Yeah, they duck, but they also pop their head up and get blasted, too."

^thats what you say about killzone 2 AI, well have you not noticed in halo, when you shoot them little gimps all they do is run round in circles like little farts? or them other enemie who usually have that cloak, they jump out from behind a stump them jump back only to get shot?

sorry your post is another selnor joke post, you clearly dont like the game dont buy it

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

So, a well polished CoD doesn't deserve the scores it's getting? I guess CoD4 didn't deserve them either.  :P

And you're forgetting about the first person cover system, the Warzone mode in multiplayer, and just how damn fun it is to shoot the Helghast. It's great the way their bodies react, and not just when they get hit with bullets. I love how they reach for their head when you shoot their helmets off, or they way they get scared as hell when you toss a grenade their way, or they way they taunt you when you die (if one is in your view after you die).

Yesterday, I noticed them taunt me twice. Once, I died with my head facing up, and a Helghast was standing right over me staring straight down at my face.  Later on, I died with my head to the side, and a Helghast was standing a few feet away shaking his fist at me!

It's the minor touches like this that make the game for me.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
@ OkeyDokey

A GOD in the making = Okey :D
Agreed bro!

Not even close.  He still has 5,455 posts to go!

@OP, The physics are so great. Guys you know those long red cylinders that explode? Try shooting them in different places. The physics are shown off so well.if you get a good spot it will spin and on 2 different axises and launch into the air and stuff. You can also make them fly around like torpedoes. Not all of the red things straight up explode. The barrels do yeah, But the small propane tank things let out a little gas/fire and then explode.(they can glide around a bit) and the longer thinner ones let out even more gas/fire and can go further. If you count the rocket launcher there are 4 guns in the demo BTW.

1. ISA Assault Rifle. 2. Rocket Launcher 3. Helghast Assault Rifle. 4. A single Shot Helghast Rifle(not sure of the name, and its not a sniper).

I have played through like 20 times, I rather enjoy this demo.

You're entitled to your opinion, and frankly, I wish everybody who didn't like Killzone 2 was like you. Polite, explained exactly why you didn't like it, didn't say it was worse than Haze or that it would fail.

Except you did like it. Well, okay, I'll bite.

Great AI doesn't mean they stay in cover and never pop out to shoot you. That would be annoying. Very annoying. They outnumber you, they can't be smarter than you. Bear in mind that this was the first level on the second easiest difficulty. There are several more levels for the difficulty to rise, and another two difficulty levels.

Now, the graphics. They didn't make MGS4 look crap or anything, but they were definitely superior. The motion blurring, light reflection and animations were top notch.

Anyway, it's your opinion, nothing I or anyone else says can change it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Sharky54 said:
@OP, The physics are so great. Guys you know those long red cylinders that explode? Try shooting them in different places. The physics are shown off so well.if you get a good spot it will spin and on 2 different axises and launch into the air and stuff. You can also make them fly around like torpedoes. Not all of the red things straight up explode. The barrels do yeah, But the small propane tank things let out a little gas/fire and then explode.(they can glide around a bit) and the longer thinner ones let out even more gas/fire and can go further. If you count the rocket launcher there are 4 guns in the demo BTW.

Heh, yeah those things are fun to mess around with. I remember the first time I entered the warehouse. There's two Helghast talking, unaware of my presence. I see a bunch of propane tanks lined up behind them and think to myself "this should do the trick".

So I shoot one of them. It doesnt explode, but I hear a hissing sound. Next thing I know, it's airbourne, spinning in my direction. It got me before I even had a chance to react. Did not expect that to happen D:

^ Now that's awesome. xD