By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What is so special about Killzone 2?

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Yes, lets all judge the game based on a five minute demo. No multiplayer, no bosses, no set pieces, no cutscenes and three guns. Nice representation there.

To be fair, it was around eight minutes, and there was one cutscene.

But you're right. One cutscene, no set pieces, no multi, no bosses, two very similar guns and another gun which you get around one in three times.

You can, of course, have an opinion on the demo, but remember that a demo never represents a full game. Look at BioShock. Look at Valkyria Chronicles. Most people didn't like those demos (I did) and loved the full games.

You also have the other end, like TFU, which had an awesome demo, and ended up being very good, but not as good as the demo had led us to think.

I'm guessing, from the reviews and such, that Killzone 2 falls into the first category.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go try Standard 2.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:
You're entitled to your opinion, and frankly, I wish everybody who didn't like Killzone 2 was like you. Polite, explained exactly why you didn't like it, didn't say it was worse than Haze or that it would fail.

Except you did like it. Well, okay, I'll bite.

Great AI doesn't mean they stay in cover and never pop out to shoot you. That would be annoying. Very annoying. They outnumber you, they can't be smarter than you. Bear in mind that this was the first level on the second easiest difficulty. There are several more levels for the difficulty to rise, and another two difficulty levels.

Now, the graphics. They didn't make MGS4 look crap or anything, but they were definitely superior. The motion blurring, light reflection and animations were top notch.

Anyway, it's your opinion, nothing I or anyone else says can change it.

Pretty flippin sweet eh?

^ Did you intend to quote OkeyDokey?

Oh. . .Yes sorry. I am still getting used to these buttons. The forum I am a mod on is soo different.(IE the buttons for the post you want to quote are ontop not the bottomO.o)

Haha, no problem. Welcome to the forums.

Around the Network

It's speacial because it's really well made, has pretty graphics, and is a lot of fun.

What else do you need? (outside of playing the actual product)

@ pbroy

You give Halo and Gears far too much credit with that comparison.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Thank you. Anywho, more about this demo. I was able to do the glitch and get to the mounted gun. . .and WOW, The kills I got from there are sooo satisfying. I must say, it does draw you even. I will be honest now, Some of the graphical glitches are weird. I had some bullet holes in mid air at weird angles.(I shot a book and it read it as like half hitting the ground at a slant and it gave me some weird things) But other then that I see no bugs really. Aside from the standard random clipping that is in a lot of games.

Best shooter out there on ANY platform, no question.

outlawauron said:
It's speacial because it's really well made, has pretty graphics, and is a lot of fun.

@ pbroy

Where in my post did I praise Halo and Gears? Personally, Halo bores me and Gears gets old after a while. I'de rather play Too Human. That comparison was comparing the exposure of the FPS genre to each console.

All I was saying is that most of the FPS games on PS2 were craptastic and Killzone 2 is a killer app that Playstation fans aren't used to and will appreciate more than people who have been playing FPS games since last gen.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
pbroy said:
outlawauron said:

@ pbroy

Where in my post did I praise Halo and Gears? Personally, Halo bores me and Gears gets old after a while. I'de rather play Too Human. That comparison was comparing the exposure of the FPS genre to each console.

All I was saying is that most of the FPS games on PS2 were craptastic and Killzone 2 is a killer app that Playstation fans aren't used to and will appreciate more than people who have been playing FPS games since last gen.

My friend has been playing shooters since last gen. And he loves the Killzone 2 Demo, He loves his Halo, but he thinks this will be a better game. We don't love it because its great and PS3 only, we love it because it does look like fun.