By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Differences between the Star Ocean 4 versions

I rather enjoy both versions and will be happy either way this goes cause it is going to be an awsome game! I'm going to buy it even though I don't have a 360 to play it one my friends console!!!

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

Around the Network

The most interesting part of Sankaku's article is that Star Ocean 4 releases on the 19th? So if we order it from PlayAsia, we will get the game earlier?!
But PlayAsia is on the other side of the Earth... ¬_¬

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

Battle Scenes with CG facial expressions. Turn on HQ for a clearer view.

Still can't find any proof on the removal of dialog portraits.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

peshkavus said:
I like the US version /shrug

Yeah I like the US version better...heh

Wow... terrible VA (especially of the kid, sounds like she's on valium in the battles).

I don't think we can always opt for the Japanese version though, like that article says. Unless we want to opt for a Japanese console first. I think so far only the MS published JRPGs have been region-free.

Around the Network

I bet you people that like the CG better are the kind of people that think injecting Botox makes you look better too.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

pbroy said:
I bet you people that like the CG better are the kind of people that think injecting Botox makes you look better too.

Nope, I just like consistent artstyle. I would love anime portraits if the game's in game graphics matched up with them, but that isn't he case with SO4. I liked the anime art style in Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia, and particularly Valkyria Chronicles for instance. If either of those games would have CG portraits it would have bother the hell out of me. Why? For the same reason the anime art in the Japanese version of SO4, is off putting to me. Conflicting art styles.

I'm going with the anime style, but really was it to much of a hassle to put it as an option?

PSN = vic_haste

Don't worry, when the PS3 version comes out (not "if", "when" XD ), it will include both versions... You heard it first here

Seriously, i hope this game goes PS3 and they take advantage of the Blu-Ray for the audio and the art style...

^^and it will cost twice as much as the 360 version, when it does come out.... awesome. I'm looking at you Eternal Sonata.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER