By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Differences between the Star Ocean 4 versions

only the art huh?... hmmm..... CG FTW!!

Around the Network

For those who really dislike the changes, maybe the Asia English Language version will be region free.

Though it depends which version that it's based off of (Western or Japanese).

@memory2zack

I'm sorry, I'm a little slow today. Check where?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I like the US version more. Can't wait to get this exclusive on 360.

Man, I can't believe that anyone would actually choose to use the JPN version of the UI. The US version is vastly superior. The JPN version looks like some DS crap.

Around the Network
pbroy said:
@memory2zack

I'm sorry, I'm a little slow today. Check where?

GAF, check the official SO4 thread or the other SO4 thread.

memory2zack said:
What I know is that the decision for the menu and CG/anime portraits change was decided by Tri-Ace not SE USA. Also all Anime portraits were replaced by CG portraits, so there´s nothing missing in the NA version. Check the SO4 thread at VGC´s ultimate enemy.

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Shadowblind said:
memory2zack said:
What I know is that the decision for the menu and CG/anime portraits change was decided by Tri-Ace not SE USA. Also all Anime portraits were replaced by CG portraits, so there´s nothing missing in the NA version. Check the SO4 thread at VGC´s ultimate enemy.

PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN

This!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

According to VG's rival, GI gave it a 7.25

So f***ing typical of them. They gave Vesperia a 7. They are to game magazines as Uwe Boll is to as a Director.

If IGN gave it a 7, on the other hand....I'd be worried. 

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Sankaku Complex's take:

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/02/10/star-ocean-4-english-version-dumps-anime-for-cg/

It seems Japanese RPG publishers are convinced the western gamer will never have any truck with funny Chinese cartoons, for we hear that upcoming oppai RPG Star Ocean 4 will be stripping out plenty of its anime visuals in favour of Final Fantasy-esque computer graphics, which when combined with the completely English dub will help spare the American consumer the distaste of having to deal with anything too foreign.

So far, it appears only the interface will be suffering this treatment; replacing the entire character designs with properly effete CG designs probably exceeds their localisation budget, although we have to wonder whether they would try given the chance.

The big RPG publishers seem not to have heard of the popularity of anime outside Japan, and perhaps have all become slightly unhinged from seeing the sales figures Square enjoys, despite the fact that Square never took any notice of all the complaints about its “girly” male characters. And have they not heard of Persona?

Perhaps, any disappointing sales will be blamed on the failure to completely localise the title?

The game itself will be released shortly, on the 19th of February: you can always opt for the Japanese version if you of a mind.

It will also be interesting to see how the CG release of Tales of Hearts fares in the western markets…

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence