By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Differences between the Star Ocean 4 versions

Wow, people actually care about my posts? o_O

That's cool, I'll accept the request when I get home. Cell phone doesn't like VG Chartz much.

Teamxbox is a pretty cool sight. It's not safe here to be an over expressive xbox fan, so be careful. ~_n

It's not as bad as N4G though. Which is PS3 fanboy zone.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

i cant see the vids, :

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
i cant see the vids, :< my psp isnt moded with flash yet... explain to me in detail someone please. o.0

There isn't any vids. Just pics.

The difference is that the Japanese menus and profile pics use anime character art as opposed to the US version, which uses CG art.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

pbroy said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
i cant see the vids, :< my psp isnt moded with flash yet... explain to me in detail someone please. o.0

There isn't any vids. Just pics.

The difference is that the Japanese menus and profile pics use anime character art as opposed to the US version, which uses CG art.

BAWWWWWWWWWW >.<

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Some more intresting info:

Pesmerga00 also discovered the character portraits accompanying dialogue vanished in the English version. I couldn’t find a good comparison screen in my batch of media, but going by the other changes I wouldn’t be surprised to see those removed too.

Why would Square Enix do this? Probably to make Star Ocean: The Last Hope look more sci-fi or something.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2009/02/06/different-region-different-star-ocean-the-last-hope-interface/

So instead of converting theses over to CG, they might have been removed completely.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Around the Network

I bet if this was on the glorious PS3 they would not have changed it.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

moan moan moan. It looks fine.

pbroy said:

Some more intresting info:

Pesmerga00 also discovered the character portraits accompanying dialogue vanished in the English version. I couldn’t find a good comparison screen in my batch of media, but going by the other changes I wouldn’t be surprised to see those removed too.

Why would Square Enix do this? Probably to make Star Ocean: The Last Hope look more sci-fi or something.

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2009/02/06/different-region-different-star-ocean-the-last-hope-interface/

So instead of converting theses over to CG, they might have been removed completely.

I didn't mind the switch of the portraits becuase the CG matches up better with the FMV and the in-game models but if they've removed the character portriats from the dialog completely, I'm not going to be happy.

*moan* *moan* *moan*

"Xbot Defense Force Activated"

o_O

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

What I know is that the decision for the menu and CG/anime portraits change was decided by Tri-Ace not SE USA. Also all Anime portraits were replaced by CG portraits, so there´s nothing missing in the NA version. Check the SO4 thread at VGC´s ultimate enemy.