By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Differences between the Star Ocean 4 versions

peshkavus said:
I like the US version /shrug

So do I. But I don't completely understand Square Enix's logic by doing this. Nevertheless, I don't think this is that big of a deal. Who cares as long as the game is good?

Around the Network

Oh god, Lymle is supposed to be 15 years old? She looks like... 8 or something.
And all others look like around 15-17. And theyre supposed to be 20, 19 and 18. I mean Edge, Reimi and Faize with last 2 sentences.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Shadowblind said:
kirballs1 said:
actualy the producer wanted it to be eroge but hes boss told him no way what could have been *sigh*

;_; maybe in the directors cut edition? lol

They better do that. That would be cool if it happened. Something like what Atlus did with Persona 3 and Persona 3 FES. Star Ocean 4 uncut and unedited edition would be awesome. I'de buy the game twice.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I like the Jpn version lol, but that's just me. I just want to play it right now.
BTW i was browsing on dengekionline about the SO4 demo event on the Q&A session, someone asked why did they choose Xbox360, the producer answered because Xbox360 was the first "the so called" next generation console out, and it's easy to develop for because it bases on windows. Someone also asked will there be a "Director's cut" version, they still haven't decided on that. Also expect hidden dungeon in the game too (I think every SO has hidden dungeon lol)

Currently Playing: Devil Survivor 2 (NDS)

@Max King of the Wild

You sure it isn't because it's not on the PS3?... haha

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Around the Network
kirballs1 said:
actualy the producer wanted it to be eroge but hes boss told him no way what could have been *sigh*

Not SO4 though.

I like the Western version better. The Japanese version is just like the CGI version of Tales of Hearts in Japan, it has contrasting art styles. In the Western version there is one consistent art style. The CGI portraits look like the in game models and FMV models. In the Japanese version you have an anime style that is in contrast to the in game models and FMV.

I think it's funny that the same people that disliked the CGI Tales of the Hearts, prefer the Japanese version of SO4. It's a very similar situation. Except, its the anime art that contrasts with the in game graphics in Star Ocean IV. Where as, the CGI graphics conflicted with the in game graphics of Tales of Hearts.

Not entirely true in Tales of Vesperia the voice work was just fine.

In response to mention that all Tales games have horrible voce overs in English. sorry this didnt come out as expected how you get peoples quotes in your post lol?

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Press that little grey 'Quote' button under the person's post, towards the right. Welcome to VG Charts BTW

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

pbroy said:
Press that little grey 'Quote' button under the person's post, towards the right. Welcome to VG Charts BTW

i have been a member for some time just hardly ever posted i do most of my forum posting on teamxbox forums. btw i hope you don't mind me sending you a friend invite you seem to be into alot of the same games and i agree with many of your responses so i thought what the hey ya know.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad