By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The sales cross over: The official VGchartz press release!

Argh, reading my own translation is just so painful.

Louie, could you remove the "Other"= bit, and have it just say "...muualla (Eurooppa, Australia..."? I was reminded that this isn't intended for people who normally used the site, so it seems pretty weird to phrase it like that.

Around the Network

That's a lot of translations...I can only read two of them though.

Uh...go Wii?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

@Parokki: Added, thanks!

@Machina-AX: The congrats should go to all the translators who did a great job! Thank you, guys!

^^ the front page does not match you sig ioi... not saying any numbers are off...really not...please don´t ban me

Great Work Everybody, YOU ROCK :)

Go Wii and go VGChartz!

Around the Network

Posted on the official Nintendo forum, and I'm adding to a few sites I frequent that aren't directly related to video games.

Some comment on the Polish version:
"wraz z tygodniem kończącym się 18. sierpnia" not "wraz z końcem dnia 18 Sierpnia tego roku"
"listopad" not "Listopad"
"PlayStation" not "Playstation"
"pomimo tego iż na najważniejszych rynkach konsola jest praktycznie niemożliwa do zdobycia."
this is not true, it should be
"pomimo tego, iż na najważniejszych rynkach konsola jest trudna do zdobycia." or
"pomimo tego, iż na najważniejszych rynkach dostawy są całkowicie wyprzedawane."
The numbers lack 'mln' suffix
The world "Xbox" should be declined or expression "konsoli Xbox" should be used

Im trying to be helpful not annoying.
PS. And there is an error in english article i guess. There should be week ending 18th not 23rd.

Thanks kamil, unfortunately I can´t correct it right now I´m writing a mail to a german gaming magazine.

If you want correct it yourself that would be great!

the week was already changed before I sent it to any sites, but thank you.

Japanese in UTF-8 encode. If not working, please use SJIS.

The date in the second paragraph is set as 8.18 as instructed by Louie a few hours ago.

Reposting as requested by Just_Ben.

------------------------------------

家庭用ゲーム機市場で首位に立った任天堂Wii

世界で最も網羅的なビデオゲームのセールスチャートをお届けするVgchartz.comは8月23日、任天堂Wiiが全世界での通算販売台数において、マイクロソフトXBOX360を追い抜いたことを発表します。(*)

確立されたブランドであるプレイステーションやXBOXに対抗して、任天堂Wiiがこのゲーム機世代のマーケットリーダーになると二年前に予測できたアナリストはほぼ皆無といっていいでしょう。全世界の小売店からのサンプルデータを基に集計しているVgchartz.comの8月18日の週付データによれば、任天堂Wii(XBOX360のおよそ1年後の2006年11月に発売)は現在の累計販売台数が10.57百万台に達し、XBOX360の累計販売台数10.51百万台を追い抜く形となり、これによって任天堂は据置きと携帯双方の家庭用ゲーム機市場において、新たなマーケットリーダーになりました。

Vgchartz.com の週間データ(**)が示すように、任天堂Wiiは発売以来、多くの主要な市場で売り切れが依然続く状況にもかかわらず、全世界において毎週平均でXBOX360のおよそ2.3倍の販売数を達成してきました。これは、最も成功したソニーのプレイステーション2よりも更に速い販売速度です。

任天堂が据置と携帯双方の家庭用ゲーム機市場でマーケットリーダーになったのは、1994年にスーパーファミコンとゲームボーイで世界を席巻して以来のことです。

我々は独自のセールストラッキングサイトとして、このように大きな展開をいち早く発表できたことを誇らしく思います。今回の事は、現世代のゲーム機市場にとって画期的な出来事として記憶されるでことしょう。わずか2年のうちに、3つの主要メーカの家庭用ゲーム機のセールスは事実上逆転してしまいました。これはサードパーティーのパブリッシャーに大きな影響をもたらすでしょうし、まず間違いなく彼らのビジネス判断に影響を及ぼすことになるでしょう。

任天堂Wiiがこれほどまでに急速に支持を得た一つの要因は、年齢、人口層、また国といった要因にとらわれない幅広いアピールにあると言って良いでしょう。現在の販売台数は、3つの主要地域でほぼ均等に分割されています。販売の内訳は日本では3.46百万台、アメリカ(カナダと南アメリカを含む)は4.24百万台、そしてその他の市場(ヨーロッパ、オーストラリア、そしてその他の小規模市場を含む)では2.87百万台となっています。

付記:

(*) Vgchartz.comは、ゲーム機が小売業者やその他の販路に販売された数ではなく、消費者に販売された数をトラッキングしております。マイクロソフトのXBOX360の通算出荷台数は、任天堂Wiiのそれよりも若干多くはありますが、消費者への販売台数ではWiiのほうがXBOX360よりも多くなっています。これは、世界中のほとんどの地域でWiiの供給不足が続いており、入荷次第売れているといった状況を反映しています。

(**)Vgchartz.comの推定値は、世界中の小売店から集計されたサンプルデータを基にしています。Vgchartz.comは基本的に、厳選された小売業者からデータを集計し、マーケット規模、小売市場シェア、小売業者のバイアスなどを考慮して、全地域の販売推定値を導いています。これは、より大規模で定評のあるセールストラッキングの会社などが採用している方法と同様の手法です。Vgchartzの販売データのトラッキングに関するより詳しい情報につきましては、admin@vgchartz.comにご連絡頂くか、サイトをご覧頂くようお願いいたします。

No, it's not going to stop  'Til you wise up
No, it's not going to stop  So just ... give up
- Aimee Mann

Very ambitious everyone, good job. Too bad the servers are overloaded.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"