By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - White Knight Chronicles - RPGFan Import review....ouch

Ouch! This was my most anticipated PS3 game. I read the review. Eh.....it's a rental. I was worried about the story being awful, and it was.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

lol @ Rei

Who on God's creation said WKC was "The PS3's FFVII"? Unless you have a link, I'm calling BS on you're part.

Here you go:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=45000

@ Infamous

Don't you dare call me a fanboy. I have more then 55 Xbox and Xbox 360 games in my house right now. 35 Gamecube and DS game, and 125 PS2, and 6 PS3 games, So don't give me that shit and MGS is one of my favorite series of all time and Big Boss is my favorite villain (Metal Gear: Snakes Revenge) So because of that you call me fanboy?

Oh and if you think TLR was for hardcore JRPG fans then I speak on behalf of people who like GOOD JRPGs and say your taste for RPGs are terrible. Peace!

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

Hmm, went snooping around on the site to look at their reviews... I'm confused. They have multiple people review the same game sometimes? Looked up Grandia III for the hell of it, one review says 81% (accurate), another says 96% (no way in hell).

Still, since they seem to be easier on grading, I guess it's right to be alarmed when this game gets a 70%. Luckily I wasn't expecting much of this game, so...

big_boss said:
@ Infamous

Don't you dare call me a fanboy. I have more then 55 Xbox and Xbox 360 games in my house right now. 35 Gamecube and DS game, and 125 PS2, and 6 PS3 games, So don't give me that shit and MGS is one of my favorite series of all time and Big Boss is my favorite villain (Metal Gear: Snakes Revenge) So because of that you call me fanboy?

Oh and if you think TLR was for hardcore JRPG fans then I speak on behalf of people who like GOOD JRPGs and say your taste for RPGs are terrible. Peace!

Talk about laying down the pawnage. Go big_boss!!

OT: I'm still pretty excited about the game. The battle system looks nice. Once the story's decent and I can get alot of enjoyable hours out of the Online, I'll be quite happy with my purchase.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Mirson said:

Ouch! This was my most anticipated PS3 game. I read the review. Eh.....it's a rental. I was worried about the story being awful, and it was.

The story is not that awful, it's just not that exciting... wait.

It's the fact that Level 5 decided to cut the story into pieces so they can release WKC as a trilogy (or more?) making the RPG fans feel something was missing in the first WKC game.  Some of my friends couldn't even believe the game (single player campaign) was over until the credit start rolling.

Even so, I see them playing this game non-stop, so I assume the online part of this game should be pretty addictive.  I hope Level 5 will eventually fix the issues with the online mode of WKC (in game chatting).

Will the online part make WKC become hugely popular in the west?  I doubt it.....  Otherwise, Monster Hunter would be much bigger than it currently is.  There is certain cultural things not even the Wii can fix.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

not ...... good =(

I was lookin foward to this game =/

http://soundcloud.com/cathode

PSN: Parasitic_Link

Aiemond said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@infamous

exactly my point

stop embarassing yourself

TLR was truly crap.

n FF doesn't succeed cus of name alone.....they are actually decent games

why is Valkyria Chronicles the highest rates JRPG for this generation of consoles despite being a new IP

this "conspiracy against 360 JRPG's by western reviewers" is getting sick

What conspiracy? We already know that western reviewers get paid off by the companies or control what they can publish before the game comes out. We established this during the GTA fiasco. Taking western reviews seriously is like believeing the used car salesman that states the car runs fine.

Please, spare us.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

loks like white knigh chronicles is this years lair or haze.